EE: Bye Bye Ronnie?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: EE: Bye Bye Ronnie? Reply with quote

I knew the storyline was controversial, but I didn't think anyone would quit over it.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially since it is TOTALLY in keeping with the character. Considering all the past baby weirdness that Ronnie has had, it is exactly what she would do if she found her baby dead. She WOULD definitely snap and swap babies. Sort of silly for her to quit...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hear she's being verbally attacked by people in the street and wherever she goes..... which I can understand would put some pressure on her. Stupid though that people can't tell the difference between real life and a CHARACTER ON A TV SHOW!!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was mentioned on the BBC news yesterday, but they said her leaving had nothing to do with the storyline... someone's lying.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read she insists it's not the storyline that is making her leave. I have a feeling she had been planning to leave for a while and they decided to do this storyline for the exit because think about it. How on earth would she have stayed when it came out? But since the storyline is so hot right now they are just latching on to it like mad and saying this is the reason she is leaving.
I personally think the uproar about the storyline is stupid. From what I have seen so far, it's not that bad. Maybe it's just the years of baby switching and paternity test changing that goes on in US soaps, that I'm not phased by it. Hell, we had one character, miscarriage, fake being pregnant, pay a pregnant teen for her baby and still ending doing a baby switch! Not a person said boo or especially "Women who miscarry would never act that way. You are portraying them in a bad light for ratings"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: