Cool cars
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note the graveyard in the background. Man I love Pittsburgh Cool
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this car is the only reason i'd learn to drive Smile

funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
this car is the only reason i'd learn to drive Smile

I can highly recommend that, mine was a rusty piece of shit but it had the union jack roof and a big center exit exhaust. It stuck to the road like shit to a blanket and since it only had a 998cc engine i drove it everywhere foot to the floor.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you get if you cross a Citroen with a Ferrari? A bread van with a top speed of 180mph
29th July 2009

What do you get if you cross a Citroen 2CV with a Ferrari? A bread van which can do 180mph.

Okay it might sound much of a joke, but this is no joke, just the hard work of two car enthusiasts who spent five years producing the £150,000 super-hybrid. Nicolo Lamberti, 35, and Milko Dalla Costa, 51, who run the Italian 'Nimik' rally team, took the chassis and engine of a speedy Ferrari F355 Berlinetta and combined it with the body of a 12bhp Citroen 2CV Fourgonnette bread-van. To finish it off they gave the 2CV's ageing white body a glossy Ferrari red paint job. And they slapped the iconic pony logo on the front above the famous Citroen double chevron emblem. The result of their efforts is a stunning vehicle that churns out almost 400bhp and can hurtle from 0 to 60mph in less than five seconds.

Nicolo said they found the Ferrari at an 'interesting price' and decided to modify it. They had the idea to combine it with the 2CV after seeing the van abandoned in the back of a garage in Turate, in Northern Italy. He said: 'We decided to purchase the Ferrari even though we didn't know what we were going to do with it. But because of our crazy minds we were confident that an idea would soon come to us. Then we saw the 2CV and Milko, who is a Citroen collector, had the idea of combining its body shell with the Ferrari. The 2CV hardly cost anything because it was in such bad condition. It had no engine and all that was left was the body shell.'

The team at Nimik modified and widened the 2CV's body, and added a giant air vent to either side. They mounted the Ferrari's huge V8 engine in the middle of the rear wheel drive car, which still features the 2CV's familiar circular headlights. Beneath the giant wheel arches the car proudly boasts the original alloy wheels from the Ferrari. Inside, the car's two seats are decked out in plush black leather and there is even the polished silver gear stick from the F355.

Nicolo added: 'It took us so long to build so at the moment we are just enjoying it and showing it off to people who are passionate about this kind of work. But if we meet someone willing to offer us an interesting price then we could sell it.'

The Ferrari F355 Berlinetta was built from 1994 until 1999 when it was replaced by the 360 model. The Citroen 2CV was originally designed as an economy car in France in 1948. Between 1949, when the first model was available, and 1990, more than five million 2CV cars and vans were produced by the French manufacturer.

thumbs
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volga V12 Coupe
hybrid of a BMW850 CSi sportcar and VOLGA 21 built by a company from Moscow.
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very nice. This concept from Holden was released a few years ago, I love the retro styling.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Department of Zombie Disposal commences operations
September 4, 2009
Rob Beschizza
boingboing.net

Shannon Larratt, inspired by Pittsburgh’s proactive response to the zombie menace, took up the mantle to become sheriff of the first department beyond the borders of the U.S.

------------

This was actually done in response to my picture that was posted on Boing Boing Gadgets Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action replay for Mr Bean as he takes another spin on TOP of his Mini in remake of classic scene
20th September 2009

Comic actor Rowan Atkinson amazed fans with his bumbling Mr Bean character by driving a Mini around a race track – while sitting on an armchair strapped to the roof. The car fan, who played the iconic role on TV from 1989 to 1995, was recreating one of the show's most memorable scenes at the Goodwood Revival festival.

In the sketch, Mr Bean buys several items of large furniture and then realises they will not fit in his Mini. He then straps the armchair to the roof and drives home operating the car with a mop and some string.

Visitors to the Sussex racetrack were once again rolling with laughter as Mr Atkinson drove the distinctive pea green and black Mini Mr Bean-style around the circuit yesterday. It was part of a huge parade of Minis to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legendary British car. It also marks the 20th anniversary of the creation of Mr Bean.

A well-known motoring enthusiast, Mr Atkinson has been a huge supporter of both the Revival and Festival of Speed over the years, and has been a regular participant. He will also take part in celebrations for Sir Stirling Moss's 80th birthday when he demonstrates his Jaguar Mk VI.

Cool
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkyRunner : a new world of adventure
Part all-terrain buggy, part light-aircraft...

www.parajetautomotive.com

funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: The Chosen One Reply with quote

I don't think I will get one
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man with "XXXXXXX" number plate receives parking fines for every unidentified car in city
The owner of a car with the personalised number plate "XXXXXXX" has received more than $19,000 worth of parking tickets intended for other vehicles.
By Matthew Moore
21 Oct 2009

Traffic wardens in Birmingham, Alabama, enter seven letter Xs onto their forms when they issue tickets to cars without plates. Unfortunately the default code matches the vanity plate of a motorist from the nearby town of Huntsville, who has received hundreds of incorrect payment notices over the past year.

Scottie Roberson, 38, chose the personalised plate as a combination of his nickname "Racer X", and his favourite number, seven. Mr Robertson says that he has contacted city officials to alert them to the problem, but the notices continue to land on his doorstep. At one stage he was receiving up to 10 fines a day – all for parking offences in different areas of a city he has only visited once in five years.

"Whenever I call, nobody seems to want to help me," he told The Birmingham News. "One woman said not to worry about it because they didn't have the manpower to come arrest me."

Since going public with his complaint, officials have arranged for the fines to be dismissed and are working on a new ticketing system for cars without plates.

-------------------
funkyfunkpants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always fancied giving up the house and going back to live the travellers life again, y'know roughing it a bit ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: