Fox News chairman Ailes calls Olbermann 'over the line' for

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Fox News chairman Ailes calls Olbermann 'over the line' for Reply with quote

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - MSNBC personality Keith Olbermann "is over the line" for wearing a mask of Fox host Bill O'Reilly and raising his arm in a Nazi salute, said Fox News Channel chairman Roger Ailes.

Ailes, appearing at the summer meeting of the Television Critics Association Monday, said Olbermann takes shots at Fox's O'Reilly because it boosts his ratings.

"Clearly he has no viewers except those he gets when he attacks Fox News, and particularly has made himself committed to continuing to attack Bill," Ailes said.

Olbermann opened his Saturday session at the critics' meeting by whipping out the mask and giving the Nazi salute.

"I really think that's over the line," Ailes said.

During his Countdown show on MSNBC, Olbermann regularly tweaks O'Reilly. Olbermann has named O'Reilly his "Worst Person in the World" at least 15 times. The nightly award is Olbermann's way of criticizing what he deems bad behaviour.

O'Reilly has referred to Olbermann - although not by name - as a "notorious smear merchant" and pointed to the low ratings for Countdown.

The O'Reilly Factor on Fox is No. 1 in the cable TV news ratings. Olbermann generally runs third in the same time slot against his conservative rival.

O'Reilly says a lot worse things about other people so it's nice to see someone calling him out for the twat he is. The man is so pompous and arrogant I don't know how he could possibly be #1 in news ratings Shocked
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard of Keith Olbermann until reading this article, but see he's on Jay Leno tonight. Maybe I'll watch to see if he comes out with an O'Reilly mask on. Smile
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ally"]I never heard of Keith Olbermann until reading this article, but see he's on Jay Leno tonight. Maybe I'll watch to see if he comes out with an O'Reilly mask on. Smile[/quote]

Ohhhhhhh THANK YOUUUUUUUU for telling me!! I hope I've not missed it clap clap clap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: