Huge rise in British UFO sightings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Huge rise in British UFO sightings Reply with quote

Quote:
Huge rise in British UFO sightings

Clusters of up to 100 mysterious objects, bright white lights and strange, triangular shaped objects are just some of a huge surge in UFO sightings reported to the Ministry of Defence last year.

The ministry has opened up its own "X-Files" for 2007, revealing 135 UFO sightings from across the UK.

If aliens are choosing the UK as a holiday destination, it appears it is becoming more popular, as the number if sightings has shot up since 97 were reported in 2006.

Last year the MoD released details of UFO sightings for the first time, including an archive back to 1998. Previously, details of classified reports were kept secret for 30 years. Discs, formations, white or orange lights, triangular shaped craft and pipe-like objects were all spotted buzzing around the sky in 2007.

In Duxford, Cambridgeshire on April 12, a witness reported seeing fifty objects, each with an orange light, assembling in the sky before ascending.

Two pilots in different planes above Alderney in the Channel Islands reported the same UFOs on April 23. They saw one bright orange craft, then a gap, followed by an identical object.

In Portsmouth, Hants, in October, a witness watched as "an oval/spherical shaped object approached an aircraft, and appeared to accelerate very fast, and then wobbled from side to side.

"Another object appeared in roughly the same vicinity and then stayed stationary."

In the West Midlands in December, one witness got a shock when a UFO shone a light into her window. The MoD logged: "A giant craft shone a light into the witness's back window. It shot off fast at first to the North East and then started to move at a slow pace."

Another report noted a "an exceedingly bright light, which was stationary, but sometimes flew off" over the Wiltshire skies.

Hilary Porter, from the British Earth and Aerial Mysteries Society (BEAMS) said sightings were becoming increasingly common. She said: "There has been a huge influx of UFOs. Absolutely enormous. There has been these huge formations than have been coming.

"We have had so many calls from people that have seen these huge formations. We have had call after call after call, from business people right down to ordinary folk in their cars. “There have been some very close encounters that have been quite unnerving for the people involved. We have had other people reporting orb sightings."

Others maintain that the vast majority of the sightings can be explained. Many are helicopters or other human designed craft like weather balloons and satellites, while others are optical illusions or unusual cloud formations. The MoD made the decision to release the files after a Freedom of Information request.

A spokeswoman said the ministry does not investigate each and every report. "We only investigate if there have been any objects in British air space that may be military," she said.

"Unless there's evidence of a potential threat we don’t investigate to try to identify it."

from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/07/nufo107.xml
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hundreds Of UFO Sightings In UK
Mark Stone
Sky News
Wednesday May 14, 2008

More than 200 UFO sightings have been investigated by the Ministry of Defence in the last year, according to real life 'X Files' released today. Documents detailing hundreds of sightings of unexplained objects in the skies above Britain have been opened to the public for the first time. They reveal reports of alien craft over Wallasey Town Hall and a saucer-shaped UFO hovering over Waterloo Bridge in London. And they tell how an elderly man claimed he was abducted by "little green men" in Aldershot in 1985.

The MoD report reads: "I saw a vivid light coming towards me from the south.... I thought, it can't be an aeroplane, it's too low. I saw two 'forms' coming towards me. They were dressed in pale green coveralls from head to foot and they had helmets of the same colour with a visor that was blacked out." The unnamed man says he was taken aboard the UFO and then told to leave. "A voice said: 'What is your age?'. I said: 'I shall be 78 next birthday'. He said to me: 'You can go. You are too old and too infirm for our purpose.'"

Other sightings are more convincing. In 1986 a claim from a commercial airline pilot was sent to the men at the ministry. "An unidentified object passed close to port side of aircraft" it read. "Possibilities considered: a) Asteroid b) returning space debris or c) re-entering missile. If it is established that c) is the case, then captain and crew very unimpressed."

Before conspiracy theorists get carried away, the MoD says the reason for its interest - and form filling - is straightforward. "Reports are examined by the Ministry of Defence solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity" an official told Sky News Online. "Unless there is evidence of a potential threat, no further work is undertaken to identify the nature of each sighting reported. The MoD has no other interest or role regarding UFO matters. Nor does the Department consider questions regarding the existence or otherwise of extraterrestrial life-forms."

But the man who used to be in charge of those files says their release will do nothing to stop the conspiracies. "We are never going to satisfy the diehard conspiracy theorists," said Nick Pope, who appears today on a new Sky News Online programme, Unplugged. "The French government released their UFO files a year or so ago. And of course after that the conspiracy theorists said: 'Yes, well, that's just dis-information. All the really good stuff has been kept back.' And I can guarantee that's exactly what's going to happen here in the UK."

The files are available to see online from the National Archives in London. There are 160 of them each detailing hundreds of sightings and they will be released in small batches over the next few months.

Peter Kilfoyle MP is a former Defence Minister. In the past, he's accused the MoD of "a culture of secrecy" and welcomes the files publication. "I tried to get them released quite some years ago when I was there," he told Sky News. "Simply because I think it would allay a lot of people's fears if they understood just what there was in these files. Lots of curiosities but nothing to suggest that little green men are running around Hampstead Heath or something!"

One thing though appears to be missing from the MoD files. Their conclusions. Were all these sightings verified, dismissed or something else? Perhaps the truth is still out there.

-----------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something big and shiny in the sky!

Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Brits have any personal stories of seeing UFO's? ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw something once, it looked like a star but was moving pretty quickly. I was told at the time that it was a satellite, but, now that I know that satellites don't move, who knows?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard there was an increase in aliens in the UK too. Maybe it's connected.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space oddity
The Sun

ALIEN hunter Russ Kellett yesterday revealed a lump of mystery metal which he says was recovered from a crashed UFO 34 years ago. The shiny one-and-a-half inch melted blob was found near Llandrillo in Berwyn Mountains, Wales, after reports of a spaceship plunging to earth. Russ says it is similar to melted aluminium, yet heavier.

Police logs described a “terrific explosion” shaking houses on January 23, 1974, and locals said hundreds of cops and military personnel ordered everyone off the mountain. It has been claimed that alien spacemen were whisked off to a secret military installation – all hushed up by the Government.

Former building worker Russ said: "That and this piece of metal from the spaceship proves in my mind the existence of aliens. The metal was picked up by someone who was on the mountain at the time. They have since died and it was passed to me about a year ago. I passed it to a jeweller who showed it to an expert but they have no idea what it is."

Russ 45, of Filey, North Yorks, has amassed more than 30 years of data about flying saucers – but only unveiled the shiny metal after reading recent UFO reports in The Sun. We told of three sightings in five days earlier this month – in Shropshire, near Cardiff and over the Brecon Beacons.

Russ, who started studying UFOs after being surrounded by inexplicable lights while on a motorbike in 1988, said: “None of these incidents surprise me. It is only a matter of time before we get conclusive proof.”

-----------------

I'm sure it wouldn't take much checking to find out what the metal is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: