Getting banned from conspiracy sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Getting banned from conspiracy sites Reply with quote

I'm sure of you will remember a few months back about how I'd got banned from 'conspiracy central' for calling the guy who ran it a racist prick. Apparently this made me a splitter - haha. Anyway, the whole site has been imploding for the last while and one of the admins was banned for refusing to stop his blatant anti-Jewish rhetoric. I thought little of it, because the guy, "Ognir", was clearly existing on the edge of sanity and that he needed to take a rest.

But then, yesterday, I got a google-alert for the George Galloway V David Frum video and noticed that whoever it was who posted it had picked (deliberately) the low-quality version that is on youtube. The others that I've seen have all been copies of the version I knocked-out. I thought this was pretty odd, that someone would deliberately choose a shit quality copy over a good one - then I looked at the info and it turns out to have been our old pal Ognir posting from the new freebie site that he and a couple of other part-time muppets have setup. He chose the shite quality one because he'd rather give his viewers that than let them see the couchtripper logo, which says it all about his bias and inability to rise above problems.

So I signed up, introducing myself as faceless (the clock was ticking from that moment!) and suggested that if between them they couldn't come up with the few quid necessary to make a halfway decent site that they really should give it up. I went back to check today and guess what? My account's been deleted! Goodness me, I wonder what happened? Ognir's account here (he opened it about 18 months ago) is still open and available for hm to use. Freedom of speech is the shit he claims - pity for him that he won't give it in return.

People like this make me seriously want to become a 'disinfo agent' just for the hell of it!

Laughing
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds as if you are having loads of fun with this guy! Laughing It's always easier to tell someone to shut-up rather than deal with someone in a civilised manner!! What a sad soul..
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like this never let the facts get in the way of a good arguament eh?

Good for you Face. I suspect they do not have the wherewithall to work out how to ban an IP, so you should keep signing up, just to make a post and rile him.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side comment : Banning IPs isn't easy in a dynamic IP world, and the various anonymizer sites out there.

Very few of us have static IPs.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Virgin customers in the UK are on static IP's. And they're the main cable supplier.

Anyway, back to the point - they've just let me in again, so I'll see how long it takes. A nice slow-burner should do the trick.
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always amuses me when I see people ranting about freedom of speech if they've got banned from one of the sites I control. They fail to grasp that a privately owned website is not bound by those laws. If I own a website I can ban anyone I want for no reason at all (if I was that way inclined) and there's nothing they can do about it. I don't do that, of course, but it still amuses me to see people rant and rave about it.

One time I banned this guy, and he went to another similar site and started posting about how I'm power-hungry and banned him for no reason, and my site should be boycotted, so I just replied by posting the screen-captures of him threatening to cut my eyes out with scissors and he was soon taken, ahem, less seriously....
Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
him threatening to cut my eyes out with scissors

Shocked what sort of sites are you checking out neko?!
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking out ? She CONTROLS the sites ...

Somehow the word dominatrix comes to mind ..

Sorry off topic again ..
bay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMSL!!! You do have a unique talent for getting yourself banned, mo chara, but getting banned from conspiracy sites, well that's extra speshul!

Quote:
Somehow the word dominatrix comes to mind ..

hehehe, faceless does seem to like that word doesnt he..... (ducking and running)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy now - it's all about the time and place! haha
bay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<BEG>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: