Robert Newman's The History of the World Backwards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Robert Newman's The History of the World Backwards Reply with quote

Quote:
Robert Newman's The History of the World Backwards

Robert says, "BBC 4 have commissioned a six part series based on my History of the World Backwards show. It is sixteen years since my last TV series, but I was worried about over-exposure 'cos it can lead to a backlash. The series of 6x30 will be recorded in the summer and broadcast autumn of 2007."

i didn't know anything about this, i just caught 5 mins of the end of one earlier on bbc4 Sad its being repeated tonight at 1.40. according to his website it started showing on the 6th november - www.robnewman.com

i saw his live show of the same name and it was really good Smile

Quote:
The History of the World Backwards

Wednesday 14 November
1:40am - 2:10am
BBC4

Writer and comedian Robert Newman stars in a sketch series which catapults viewers backwards through history. Colin McFarlane and Lucy Liemann join the cast as Newman heads back through the 20th century and into the 1800s. With the end of oil, powerful American barons hail slaves as the new energy source.

theres a little clip from the series on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-FoMNpHsVE
popinjay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw his live show too. Not this one, but his last stand up show. I caught this for the first time tonight. Took me a while to get into, but it's really charming and funny.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is his 'History of Oil' show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: