the top 10 passwords people use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: the top 10 passwords people use Reply with quote

These are apparently the 10 most popular passwords used by people. I would have thought birthdays and children's/pet's names would have been in there myself. I was surprised at monkey, it seems the only one that is random.

10. Your first name
9. blink182
8. password1
7. myspace1
6. monkey
5. letmein
4. abc123
3. qwerty
2. 123456
1. password
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you.... I would have thought that the children's/pets names and important dates would have been in there somewhere.

I have a friend who has two jobs and between them she has so many passwords that she's started to use the names of countries and just goes down the list of letters everytime she has to change her password.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone knew me very well they could figure it out. But you would have to have a connection to some of my childhood obsessions and numbers combinations I like.

Password always blows my mind. I don't see how you can be that stupid.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The puzzler there for me is "letmein" -- what the heck is that? Very Happy Oh! Let Me In

*slaps forhead*

I thought it might be German Laughing

I use several passwords -- using 1 password can be just as bad as using a variety of simple passwords. But because I have a terrible memory, I use a freeware program called Password Safe (http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/) to store them all securely. The password database is encrypted and can be accessed with a password (which you'll have to remember or you're hooped).

I also found out that if you use Firefox on a shared computer (eg. at work), you should set a master password or others can potentially access your stored passwords. That can be done at Tools menu / Options / Security tab / Set a master password.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha German - ya daftie!

That's a handy tip about FF though, nice one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: