ron paul on jay leno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: ron paul on jay leno Reply with quote

nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't work him out. Most of the things he says seem to make good sense, but I don't understand this idea he has of lowering taxation to almost zero. You can't have a civilisation without taxation, surely?
luke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno how ron paul is planning to do it, but to me - i think i've said this before and people thought i was a bit out there - but money is nothing - they create it out of nothing, its worth nothing. you could print all the money you need to fund things like education, health care etc - it could be milk bottle tops or anything, you just need something for people to exchange for services and goods. you work, you get your milk bottles tops - spend it on what you want. the government ( the people ) make as many milk bottle tops for social spending as they need - we'd have the best health care, best schools, best everything. as long as people are willing to work, you create the money to pay them.

to me, the whole idea of taxing people is bang out of order - its just another system of fleecing and controlling the public

but like i said, i'm a bit out there wink
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure are "out there". And not a student of economics, either, I'd guess.

The problem with just printing money is that you're not the only country in the world, and other countries have different money. If you flood your own economy with money from nowhere, the exchange rate will go insane, and you'll find that a cup of coffee will cost a thousand dollars, because the value of money is proportional to the entire world.

I seem to recall reading about something similar happening to Germany in the 30s or something. People were taking wheelbarrow-fulls of money to buy a loaf of bread. Maybe someone who's studied economics can clarify that.

You simply cannot create money out of nowhere - it would destroy your economy. Imagine if the USA said "ok, we'll take care of our 60 trillion dollar debt by just printing a 60 trillion dollar bill and giving it to the people we owe. Ridiculous! It would be toilet paper!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied economics for a while and the main thing I learned was never to put all your pound notes in one wheelbarrow. Also that value is what is perceived by the users of it.; a bar of gold has no value when you are starving and unable to realise its worth to others.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said that just the way i look at it, and i'm not applying this to the world system we have now. you're working within the confines of a global system setup by the elites - if the world wanted to, it could work my way - its never going to happen obviously, but it could work

the money we have now they do create it out of nowhere - soon it'll just be numbers on a computer screen

and no, i'm not student of economics - i'm just looking at it from a viewpoint of what would be best for all the people of the world, like if you was starting from scratch - say i was world president of a new world Smile you need a new hospital, you print the money to pay people to build it. you need aids drugs for africa, you print the money to pay the workers to make them, ship them and distribute them - thats how it works in my dream world anyway Smile

but yeah, its just a dream Sad
luke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps - i find it crazy that because of 'money', an invention of man, that people are suffering and dying. we have people who want to work, we have resources to make the medicine, we have people who want to be doctors etc - but because of something we've invented, something we print - people starve, people suffer - its bollocks. it would should be based on what resources we have - not what 'money' we have

in my world, that doesn't happen Smile

“Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money .”

—Sir Josiah Stamp, Director of the Bank of England
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to re-read Animal Farm. Even from a starting position of equality, corruption and the onset of capitalism is inevitable. It's human nature, even with pigs, sheep and horses!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's base human nature to kill your opponents to get to a good food source if you are hungry. It's intelligent nature to devise a plan so that everyone can benefit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: