federal prosecutor caught in paedophile sting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: federal prosecutor caught in paedophile sting Reply with quote

Federal Prosecutor Arrested In Child Sex Sting
Source: Click on Detroit
URL Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14132485/detail.html
Sep 17, 2007

DETROIT -- A U.S. Justice Department official has been arrested on suspicion of traveling to Detroit over the weekend to have sex with a minor. John David R. Atchison, 53, an assistant U.S. attorney from the northern district of Florida, was arraigned in U.S. District Court in Detroit Monday afternoon.

An undercover officer posed as a mother offering her child to Atchison for sex, according to police. Prosecutors said Atchison flew from Pensacola, Fla., to Detroit on Sunday intending to have sex with the 5-year-old girl. He was arrested at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. He is charged with enticement of a minor to engage in sexual activity.

According to authorities, Atchison made contact with a detective working undercover for the Macomb County Sheriff's department's. The detective, acting as the child's mother, allegedly arranged a sexual encounter between Atchison and her 5-year-old daughter, police said.

In deposition, detectives said Atchison suggested the mother tell her daughter that "you found her a sweet boyfriend who will bring her presents." The undercover detective expressed concern about physical injury to the 5-year-old girl as a result of the sexual activity. Detectives said Atchison responded, " I am always gentle and loving; not to worry, no damage ever, no rough stuff ever. I only like it soft and nice." The undercover detective asked how Atchison can be certain of no injury. He responded, "Just gotta go slow and very easy. I've done it plenty," according to detectives.

The Macomb County Sheriff's Department and the FBI were a part of the investigation.

-------------------

I've got a friend who was abused in an organised ring as a child and the more I understand her experience the more I see that this problem runs from the very top of society. If this guy has 'done it plenty' then how come he's not been caught before now?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to child abuse I am not a person who is very forgiving. My thoughts are either lock them away forever (I have yet to see any study show that therapy works for them) or kill them. They make me sick.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
When it comes to child abuse I am not a person who is very forgiving. My thoughts are either lock them away forever (I have yet to see any study show that therapy works for them) or kill them. They make me sick.

And locking them away forever is costly to everyone. I don't know that I would be comfortable with killing them, but I agree that there is no "fixing them" mentally....fixing them physically maybe...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Skylace wrote:

And locking them away forever is costly to everyone. I don't know that I would be comfortable with killing them, but I agree that there is no "fixing them" mentally....fixing them physically maybe...

Even then that won't always stop abuse. We either need to figure out how to help them or stop letting them off with such light sentences. You get more time for pirating videos then abusing children.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ready to make my usual sarcastic comments, but sex with a five year old? take him to the Florida swamps and shoot him, we dont need him, he's waisting our oxygen
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People Like this need to be Put down .........
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the comments above.

p.s. Didn't Bush fire the Federal Prosecutors he DIDN'T like ?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan1254 wrote:
I was ready to make my usual sarcastic comments, but sex with a five year old? take him to the Florida swamps and shoot him, we dont need him, he's waisting our oxygen

Why ya gotta dump 'em in Florida??? There are swamps in Louisiana too....
Laughing
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Sky- absolutely no mercy- they should be hanged or crucified for their abhorrent crimes...
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
alan1254 wrote:

Why ya gotta dump 'em in Florida??? There are swamps in Louisiana too....
Laughing

shit always sinks to the bottom, in this case the bottom of the states
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: