Ant 'n' Dec's £40m Takeaway

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Ant 'n' Dec's £40m Takeaway Reply with quote

Ant 'n' Dec's £40m Takeaway

ANT and Dec are set to pocket an incredible £20million EACH in their ground-breaking ITV deal.

The estimated £40million for the Saturday Night Takeaway hosts dwarfs deals agreed by TV kings Simon Cowell and Jonathan Ross.

X Factor’s Mr Nasty Cowell signed a £20million ITV contract in December while Ross clinched an £18million BBC deal last summer.

The Geordie stars, both 31, will sign the contract next week after jetting home from filming in Los Angeles.

A TV insider said: “This is a jaw-dropping deal as ITV is paying huge money for Ant and Dec.

“But then again they are two of the channel’s main faces.

“It’s an immense amount — but Ant and Dec are worth every penny. Everyone at ITV is extremely excited. The terms of the contract are being finalised.”

TV’s dynamic duo had not been due to sign their new deal until September, but ITV chiefs were keen to get it sealed quickly.

The pair have just filmed a pilot for new game show Wanna Bet for top US channel ABC.

But the insider added: “The boys see their future on British TV and they are committed to working on ITV.”

They will next be seen on ITV in June, hosting Cowell’s new show Britain’s Got Talent.

Ant and Dec own the production company Gallowgate and have launched their own shows, including ITV1’s Pokerface.

The lads shot to fame aged just 13 starring on kids’ TV show Byker Grove. They became the most sought-after presenting partnership in Britain with hits including Pop Idol.

The deal comes after ITV chiefs won the rights to broadcast FA Cup and England home soccer matches.

They are both massive coups for new ITV boss Michael Grade, the former BBC chairman. An ITV spokeswoman confirmed: “We are currently in discussions with Ant and Dec.

“Obviously, this is a very important deal for ITV.”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to the boys. Wish I could make that much money while having a laugh. BTW, I'm not criticising - I really enjoy watching them. I look forward to their ABC game show.
Canniescot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love these two and looking forward to seeing them in the US. My eldest son loves their Saturday Night Take-Away.
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibly the only real 'characters' on tv
Luther Blissett
Free the weed!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left the country for five years, so now I don't know if we're being ironic or not.
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther Blissett wrote:
I left the country for five years, so now I don't know if we're being ironic or not.

I'm not - I think they're great! thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: