Outcry over TV kidney competition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Outcry over TV kidney competition Reply with quote

not sure if this should go in here or the news bit, either way its shocking

its by the same people that do big brother ...

we'll really have that running man show that arnie was in one day ... Sad

a mate of mine who had a transplant from his mum is appalled at this, he got his comment posted up

Quote:
When I was on Dialysis I was so desperate for a Kidney that I was prepared to let my mum undergo potentially life threatening surgery to get her Kidney - If I was prepared to do that just think of how far people like me are willing to go to get a Kidney....

Using these three really vulnerable people is pure exploitation, its shocking, I want to know which advertisers are going to fund this show and boycott their products.
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty f***** up to me, I have to say!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is terrible! I haven't seen this on the news here.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality TV has really gotten out of control. I thought finding a mate was bad, but this really takes the cake!
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Reality TV has really gotten out of control. I thought finding a mate was bad, but this really takes the cake!

i caught something the other night with some girl who used to be in beverly hills 90210, it was couples where one half wanted to split, and so they secretly filmed the other half getting told they were getting dumped - the bit i saw this one girl just burst out crying, it was really quite sad - and such a nasty way for a partner to end a relationship Sad
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

i caught something the other night with some girl who used to be in beverly hills 90210, it was couples where one half wanted to split, and so they secretly filmed the other half getting told they were getting dumped - the bit i saw this one girl just burst out crying, it was really quite sad - and such a nasty way for a partner to end a relationship Sad

That is so sad. Those moments in life are bad enough on their own, but do have it happen on national TV...insane. The other thing that gets me in this particular situation is that supposedly you loved this person at one time. Why would you want to humiliate them? If you don't want to be with them anymore, that is one thing, but to want to go out of your way to hurt them like that...I just don't get it.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
luke wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

That is so sad. Those moments in life are bad enough on their own, but do have it happen on national TV...insane. The other thing that gets me in this particular situation is that supposedly you loved this person at one time. Why would you want to humiliate them? If you don't want to be with them anymore, that is one thing, but to want to go out of your way to hurt them like that...I just don't get it.

I think some people will do most anything to get their 15 mins of fame. A prime example is the terrible shows like Jerry Springer.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard a report about this on the local news here. Apparently, the producers are going ahead with this tasteless shite and the programme will air this Friday, 1 June 07.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard on the radio that it turned out this program was a hoax - but that 3 of the people who wanted the kidney didn't know that! WTF?!
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just read that article - they were making it sound as if it was alright cos it was only a hoax. I can't believe this story! Outrageous!!!! Some people thought it was alright as it highlighted the plight of organ shortage - you must be kidding me!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6714063.stm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: