My Shocking Story - World's Heaviest Man

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: My Shocking Story - World's Heaviest Man Reply with quote

World's Heaviest Man tells the story of 1,225lb (85.5 stone or 555 kgs) Manuel Uribe of Monterrey, Mexico and his battle to lose weight and save his own life. Following years of over-eating and an unhealthy lifestyle, Manuel Uribe has been confined to his bed for the past 5 years. After a television plea for help in January 2006, Manuel was inundated with offers from surgeons, doctors and dieticians from around the world. After considering the options, Manuel decided on a particular weight loss method, and we follow his life as he loses weight over several months. If Manuel succeeds in getting down to his optimum weight of 220 lbs (15.5 stone or 100 kg) he may just rewrite medical history. This film documents a year in Manuel's life, meets his family and friends and looks at what it is like to be the heaviest man in the world.

-------------

I just watched a this and while I was glad I'd not just eaten it was a good watch.

You can watch a trailer for it by clicking HERE
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno I do not understand this kind of weight ....I my self all of my life have been bettween

110 lbs and 160 lbs ....at the moment i am nearer the 160lbs and i hate it ....there is a reason for my high weight at the mo... its called menopause and what a pain in the arse that is ......plus the Rum and coke combined does not help Sad

But saying that i am very uncomfatable with my size right now ....and have just started going to keep fit classes .... and aim to lose at least 25 pounds in next few months... blink

How anyone can let themselves get to that size is not understandable to me ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the thing - the doc does describe the reasons for his weight-gain. It's actually a fairly positive tale by the end.

the large masses on his thighs are tumours btw
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching this right now on TLC. Unbelievable. Poor booger.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
I dunno I do not understand this kind of weight ....I my self all of my life have been bettween

110 lbs and 160 lbs ....at the moment i am nearer the 160lbs and i hate it ....there is a reason for my high weight at the mo... its called menopause and what a pain in the arse that is ......plus the Rum and coke combined does not help Sad

But saying that i am very uncomfatable with my size right now ....and have just started going to keep fit classes .... and aim to lose at least 25 pounds in next few months... blink

How anyone can let themselves get to that size is not understandable to me ...

I'm in the same place as you. I gained a lot when I got mono again and since I finally got my energy back I'm also back at the gym. Had to cut out the cokes as well.

And I do feel for this man. i couldn't even imagine what it would be like.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bizarre. I'm watching it right now on TLC as well and seeing this article surprised me.

He's getting a massage right now. I'll not say anymore incase others are going to watch it, but I'm with you Skylace. I feel for the guy. Nobody sets out to be this way.

Right...back watching this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: