Wanamaker criticises "My Family"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Wanamaker criticises "My Family" Reply with quote

Zoe Wanamaker has admitted that she is no longer impressed with the quality of My Family.

The actress, who plays Susan Harper in the BBC One comedy show, revealed that she and co-star Robert Lindsay even refused to film one episode because it was so poor.

"What attracted me to the first scripts was that they had a slightly quirky, American Jewish quality to them. That's my humour. Critics absolutely hated it. The public liked it. But it's turned into a machine," Wanamaker told The Daily Telegraph.

"Robert and I even refused at one point to do one, it was so bad. That caused a lot of problems, but we just felt it was not good enough. We had practically a football team of scriptwriters working on the last series."

However, Wanamaker added that she is grateful for the financial rewards of appearing on the programme.

"I shouldn't knock it. Hey, I bought three paintings. I also planted 23 trees the other day in my cottage."

My Family returns for a seventh series next week.

admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's not wrong about the quality being a lot worse - I'm not a *huge* fan of the show, but it certainly had some great laughs a few years back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: