Cops Put 2 on Ice After Frosty Stabbing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Cops Put 2 on Ice After Frosty Stabbing Reply with quote

CINCINNATI (AP) - Two Christmas grinches were arrested Monday, accused of stabbing a 12-foot-tall inflatable Frosty the snowman with a screwdriver. The Hamilton County Sheriff's office said two 18-year-olds were charged with criminal damaging, and the investigation continues to snowball.

The assault on Frosty was caught on tape when homeowner Matt Williquette set up a motion-sensitive video camera in a tree in his yard because the snowman had fallen victim to two earlier attacks.

The inflatable, the biggest figure in his Christmas display in suburban Colerain Township, was punctured with a screwdriver Sunday night, for the third time.

Williquette had used white masking tape to patch over Frosty the first two times.

"The question I have is, 'Why me?' And why Frosty?" Williquette asked. "I had more (decorations) to put out there but with Frosty going down, I wasn't going to chance it."

Police said they arrested one young man at his Colerain Township home and the second turned himself in.

At one point Monday, the sheriff's office, which investigated with the Colerain Township police department, said in a statement: "The investigation continues to snowball."

In a separate act of holiday vandalism, a 15-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy were charged Monday with criminal damaging. Authorities accused the two of taking a decorative candy cane from another Colerain Township yard early Saturday morning and smashing it on the owner's vehicle, causing $1,000 in damage.

That's so mean ruining peoples decorations like that Sad That stuff isn't cheap and people spend the money to enhance the excitement and fun of christmas.

I can't blame him not wanting to put out other stuff as the little bastards would probably return.

We have the same thing happening in our area, but what they're doing is taking everything people put out.

Some wake up to nothing left on their houses at all. We've a big mechanical bear outside that lights up and a lot of other stuff, and if I see anyone near it with bad intentions I'm going to go postal on their arse lol The poor bugger was already knocked down yesterday, but it could have been the wind , but I'm keeping my eye on it just to be sure sherlock
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Cops Put 2 on Ice After Frosty Stabbing Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
We've a big mechanical bear outside that lights up and a lot of other stuff, and if I see anyone near it with bad intentions I'm going to go postal on their arse lol The poor bugger was already knocked down yesterday, but it could have been the wind , but I'm keeping my eye on it just to be sure sherlock

haha, a mechanical bear I like it
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cops Put 2 on Ice After Frosty Stabbing Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
We've a big mechanical bear outside that lights up and a lot of other stuff, and if I see anyone near it with bad intentions I'm going to go postal on their arse lol The poor bugger was already knocked down yesterday, but it could have been the wind , but I'm keeping my eye on it just to be sure sherlock

haha, a mechanical bear I like it

Yeah and he's so cute awwww lol I'll get a picture and post it if my stupid camera works. His head goes back and forth like he's keeping an eye on the joint dancer
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the video on the news. It's sad really. People just acting out that way, on an inflatable frosty no less. I am sure they felt like big men! angry
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I saw the video on the news. It's sad really. People just acting out that way, on an inflatable frosty no less. I am sure they felt like big men! angry

I think it's probably henchmen for the grinch bored
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My in-laws' neighbour has a 10-ft Homer dressed like Santa in his front yard...sometimes he gets blown over by the wind. I'll see if they have it up this year, and take a photo.

Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people across the way from me have a giant inflatable elmo with a santa hat on. I've tried to get a picture at night but it never turns out, and during the day he lays there flat as a pancake so thats a no go.

I think those things are wicked but it seems these bastards are bent on ruining it for others.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my light up Christmas frog and her buddy the skiing polar bear!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:

awwwww Smile Any chance on getting a pic?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Skylace wrote:

awwwww Smile Any chance on getting a pic?

I'll take some tonight when they are lit up. That is if it's not raining ice! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: