Charlotte Church's Chat Show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Charlotte Church's Chat Show Reply with quote

1.6 M PREFER CHURCH ON FRIDAY

CHARLOTTE Church's new chatshow got off to a flying start - attracting more than twice as many viewers as the programme it replaced. The series kicked off on Friday with guests Denise Van Outen, Will and Grace star Eric McCormack and comic Michael McIntyre. The hour-long 10pm show pulled in 2.6million viewers - 1.6 million more than for the finale of The Friday Night Project. A Channel 4 spokesman said: "It's a brilliant start for the programme and very encouraging. We hope it continues."

But the seven-part, Welsh-themed series faces stiff competition from next week when Charlotte, 20, will go head-to-head with veteran host Jonathan Ross, who returns to the Beeb for a 15-part run. An insider said: "Charlotte got off to a great start but, to be fair, she didn't have much competition. She'll have to work hard."

-------------

I thought this show was absolute pish - badly written, badly directed and with terrible guests. Denise Van Outen? Please!

I actually turned over to watch the news after seeing about five minutes of the show and I find it hard to believe that by the end of the run that she'll have anywhere near as many viewers. The Friday Night Project was a LOT more fun than this pile of fomulaic crap, but there's no accounting for the tastes of people who would rather see average people doing average things.

It will be good to see a new series of Jonathan Ross though - he's got a natural ability about him that while annoying at times, really sets him apart from amateurs like Church. Her show should have been tested on a cable channel first to see if it would attract viewers naturally... giving it a primetime Friday night slot is shocking!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlotte Church hosting a talk show? I just can't see it. Jonathan Ross, yes, but her? I don't get it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Charlotte Church hosting a talk show? I just can't see it. Jonathan Ross, yes, but her? I don't get it.

She's apparently got this "girl next door" appeal now - which seems to be down to her drinking a lot and partying!

I actually had some hope for the show as she was pretty good when she presented "Have I Got News For You?" but she was really wooden on this...
edward catflap

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't like the way she stuck her fingers up at the tv

charlotte !!!!

next time , flash your tits at the very least !

pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, you would be surprised at what old biddies like to watch. Even here, who on earth watched Rosie O'dipshitdonnell, Ellen Degenerate, and Oprah Winfreak? Old biddies love them. Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Believe me, you would be surprised at what old biddies like to watch. Even here, who on earth watched Rosie O'dipshitdonnell, Ellen Degenerate, and Oprah Winfreak? Old biddies love them. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't know how anyone can handle watching any of those shows, but I'd add Dr Phil to the list as well. To me it's like the worst form of torture. If someone wanted to punish me, strap me to a chair, put a tv infront of me and put one of those shows on. I'd be a raving lunatic within 10 min Shocked
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:

I quite like some of those shows ---- I just take them for what they are, entertainment.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife & I watched Church's show the other night...

I agree with faceless that it was utter pish, tripe even...
(is Tripe an offal pun... ooops awful)...

Anyways, I wouldn't say 'wooden' but more amature, it looked more like a teen or even pre-teen presenting a video blog for a school project...
Saying this, it's all new to her & presenting isn't as easy as it looks, specialy comedy if your not a natural to it (even then it's hard).

I blame the writers & producers more than Church herself.

It may come along after another show or two... just take a look at the likes of John Stewart, his first outing as a presenter (and many like him) had a pretty rough first show or two...

She did flub her lines a few times despite the obvious tele-promt & ear-piece.

I certainly will give the show a few more tries before writing it off 100%.

Ohhh & guys... did you notice that the woman in the wales vs the world comp was non other than the naked female magician....
Griffo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be..

She should present it in the nude.
vegas
Diamond Geezer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely loved this show. I believe that she has been commissioned to make 2 more series. thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: