Madonna on Newsnight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Madonna on Newsnight Reply with quote

eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting clip. I can't say that I'm much of a Madonna fan but good for her for acknowledging all of these claims being made against her.

But I can't stand her "affected" speach..... I can't by her partial English accent. Confused
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
But I can't stand her "affected" speach..... I can't by her partial English accent. Confused

I noticed the accent quite a lot too and it sounds like a mixture of just being around people who speak that way and a personal desire to fit-in - which isn't really that surprising really, considering how being a mega-star separates a person from normal relationships. When you think of how mad some stars are I reckon she's done ok really...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
eefanincan wrote:

I noticed the accent quite a lot too and it sounds like a mixture of just being around people who speak that way and a personal desire to fit-in - which isn't really that surprising really, considering how being a mega-star separates a person from normal relationships. When you think of how mad some stars are I reckon she's done ok really...

Good points, Face. I wasn't trying to imply that she put it on, perhaps I made a bad choice of words.--- especially since I would likely pick up the accent of people that I'm around. I really only meant that for 20 years I have heard her speaking one way and now hear this accent and it sounds weird to me.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really notice any accent myself. She sounded like a natural american to me.

All that aside, I'm really sick of seeing her have to answer to anyone for what she's done. Her heart was in the right place and screw anyone that questions her intentions or the way she went about things. She didn't go out to harm anyone but help a wee child that was in dire need of it, and broke no rules in doing so.

She should be proud of herself for the person she is. I've never been a big fan of her music or whatever, but when it comes down to humanistic qualities, she's sound as a ? as far as I'm concerned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: