Simon Cowell's three new shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Simon Cowell's three new shows Reply with quote

X FACTOR SIMON IN 3 NEW SHOWS
EXCLUSIVE
By Ben Todd

SIMON Cowell is preparing for a TV takeover next year ...with THREE new prime-time shows to run alongside X Factor. The TV mogul, 47, will announce the shows in the next few weeks. But in an exclusive Sunday Mirror interview, he revealed one of them will be Britain's Got Talent - a home-grown version of his US hit America's Got Talent, with Simon appearing as a judge alongside ex-newspaper editor Piers Morgan. Another of the new series, which Simon won't name, will see him challenging an established BBC show.

Simon, now worth around ?60million, said: "We're going to announce three new shows for next year in Britain. I can't say any more because I haven't signed the contract yet and I'm doing one of them to compete with another big brand so I need to keep quiet about it. But we're going to do Britain's Got Talent on ITV. That's definitely coming."

The American show has already made Piers Morgan a star across the Atlantic. Simon revealed: "I sent him a text when the US ratings came in saying that now I knew how Dr Frankenstein felt when the monster came alive. Piers was an absolutely obvious star to me because he's so obnoxious, and totally obnoxious on TV. That's exactly what we wanted."

Simon is also launching a classical children's group, Angelis, with six youngsters chosen at auditions where his involvement was top secret. He admitted: "I thought if my name was attached we'd get stage-school brats and what we were looking for was the best young voices in the country."

------------

Just what we need - more rubbish! Maybe there should be a reality show that features contestants who have ideas for reality shows, week by week one of them being voted out for being so crap that only a complete idiot would watch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: