The Onion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shillax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: The Onion Reply with quote

This isn't 'TV' but the internet. The Onion is the funniest site I have seen on the web. Here is just one of their video's. It looks so real.

The Onion
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always loved the Onion. They always produce and print quality. Thanks for the post.

EDIT: I did move the post to this section because it was a much more fitting.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hella fuckin' balls-to-the-wall awesome

Brilliant! Nice post.

The Anthony Kennedy quote killed me.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newspaper Cites ‘The Onion’ Article Naming Kim Jong-Un ‘Sexiest Man Alive’
Eric Larson
November 27, 2012
mashable.com

There’s nothing more ravishing than a young dictator on horseback. Kim Jong-Un, the 28-year-old leader of North Korea, was named the “Sexiest Man Alive” for 2012 by satirical news site The Onion. Unfortunately, a Chinese newspaper didn’t quite see through the humor.

People’s Daily Online, the Communist Party publication, posted an article about Jong-Un’s Channing Tatum-sized accomplishment while citing The Onion‘s words. For example, this quote (originally from The Onion) appeared in the piece: “With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman’s dream come true. Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper’s editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile.” And the kicker: “He has that rare ability to somehow be completely adorable and completely macho at the same time.” The Daily also added a slideshow of Jong-Un photos — many including that now infamous smile.

The Onion has since updated their original post with this: “For more coverage on The Onion’s Sexiest Man Alive 2012, Kim Jong-Un, please visit our friends at the People’s Daily in China, a proud Communist subsidiary of The Onion, Inc. Exemplary reportage, comrades.”

------------------------

I've seen people post Onion articles without knowing it's a joke before, but for a proper newspaper to do it is something special...

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: