EE: Whitney spoiler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: EE: Whitney spoiler Reply with quote

Whitney Dean in abuse storyline
Bianca Jackson’s step-daughter to be part of shocking rape plot
2 July 2008
Now Magazine

EastEnders’ 15-year-old Whitney Dean will be raped by her step-dad as part of a new plot. Whitney, played by Shona McGarty, 16, will be abused by the husband of her step-mum Bianca Jackson. Tony, who is yet to be cast, arrives in Albert Square after he's released from prison.

‘EastEnders is currently planning a future storyline which will tackle sexual abuse within the Jackson family,’ a show spokeswoman confirms. ‘The programme is working very closely with the NSPCC so that this subject is accurately and sensitively portrayed.’ And NSPCC spokesman John Grounds has praised the soap for tackling the subject of child abuse. 'Programmes like EastEnders are increasingly helping to raise awareness of the hidden nature of sexual abuse,' he tells The Sun.

Bianca, played by Patsy Palmer, 36, arrived back in Walford in April with fiery step-daughter Whitney, the child of her dead ex, and her 4 other children.

--------------------------
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the writers EVER going to handle this plot line?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I am looking forward to this. It will be interesting to see how they handle it though. If people got in a tizzy over the buried alive scene what are they going to do with this?
It is good that they are tackling tough storylines like this, and I think they can do it. But how they are going to do it, remains to be seen.
Personally, from what I have seen of Shona on screen, I believe she is a fine young actress who will be more than capable of handling this.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11antoniacourt wrote:

I am thinking the same way as You Ant ???????
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
11antoniacourt wrote:

I am thinking the same way as You Ant ???????
The first thing that went through my mnid was the young actress playing the roll of the abused person. What a challenge for her and if she handles the challenge well enough she might receive an award for this one when next the British Soap awards roll around. And like Sky said, if you think people were up in arms when Max was buried alive by Tanya and Sean this will rsurely get the public's attention. It will be interesting to see who her yet-to-be-named step-father will be.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the story about how that Alex Ferns still can't get decent TV work years after playing big bad Trevor, I'd be surprised if anyone with a clue wanted the role.

I think it's a crap story line myself - this is what 9pm police dramas are all about and it has been handled in many of them in ways which are much more revealing than something at 8pm could be.

They're just scraping the barrel as usual.
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never liked these type of storylines as they give me the creeps but I can see how they are setting it up, with Whitney always saying how much she misses Tony and can't wait til he's out of prison. Unfortunately, most incidents like these are perpetrated by family members or close friends.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

think it's a crap story line myself - this is what 9pm police dramas are all about and it has been handled in many of them in ways which are much more revealing than something at 8pm could be.

I think it could be a crap story line, if it isn't handled correctly. I'm sure with it being on at 8pm rather than later, I'm hoping they'll focus not so much on the actual "act" itself, but on how she and the family copes. Teen storylines like this tend to be popular in the summer because of an increase in viewership over the summer hol's (at least that's how it is here). Given the right script, I think this actress will do very well with it.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's really the point - it needs to be handled properly. The situation should be dealt with, but when they are limited to the pre 9pm regulations they have to temper the reality of how people would really react in a similar situation.

If your hands are tied you shouldn't try juggling!
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way it promises to be emotional. I myself look forward to posting up a storm about how much I don't like the step-father/perpetrator, what a snake he is, etc. We will hate him and so will everyone in the Square. Stone him! Stone him!
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, look what i found!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture of him - I think he looks quite like that gay fella who's already in the show.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it myself face. But thanks for posting the picture..... I was just getting ready to google him after reading the article antonia posted.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly a spoiler, unless you are behind, I guess. When is this poor kid going to catch a break???? Everything that she has gone thru and now Rob is back. And she thinks this new little toe rag likes her and all the while it was Rob setting it all up. Loser...they really need to give her a storyline where she gets to be happy...truly happy. Sad
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A far cry from the Whitney we see on the market stall!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: