Shilpa Shetty to join Eastenders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Shilpa Shetty to join Eastenders Reply with quote

SHILPA SHETTY TO JOIN EASTENDERS
29th March 2009
people.co.uk

Bollywood beauty Shilpa Shetty is being lined up to join the cast of EastEnders.

Shilpa, 32, recently bought a £10million mansion in Surrey - and will make the UK her base when she marries her Londonborn millionaire business partner Raj Kundra. Now bosses want to make her one of the biggest names yet to be lured to Albert Square.

A family friend said: "EastEnders would be the springboard to long-term success in Britain - and that is very much in Shilpa's sights. She knows all about the show as it is a big hit in her homeland - and of course it is popular with a lot of Indians in the UK." Shilpa was offered a part on the show - as a love interest for Phil Mitchell - soon after she won Celebrity Big Brother in 2007. She turned it down to concentrate on her Bollywood career.

But the actress, who has a huge personal fortune after starring in 51 Indian language movies, could join as part of a new family later this year. It will be the first Indian clan since bosses axed the Ferrieras in 2004 after Asian viewers branded them "unrealistic". The show's current Asian family are postman Masood Ahmed and wife Zainab from Pakistan. They have two sons and a daughter. Shilpa's friend added: "Primetime exposure several times a week on mainstream English TV will do her career the world of good. All sorts of roles and deals could follow."

Shilpa won UK admirers after she forgave Jade for her "Shilpa Poppadom" race jibe on Celebrity BB. The pair were on the Indian version of the show last year, when Jade was told she had cancer. Shilpa told of her sadness last week after her pal died. She earned a reported £367,000 for her Channel 4 BB stint and signed a lucrative deal to be the cover star on the first OK! India issue. She has also written a top-selling cookbook.

Her agent Max Clif ford said: "Shilpa's holding meetings with TV executives on a range of projects."

-------------------

I think the last line says it all - the story's a load of nonsense!
HandoGod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not!!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not either. yuck pooey.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like her nyer
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no clue who she is. If she can do a good job acting, I'm all for it.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she was in celebrity big brother over here sky ( think she might have won it ), the one where jade revealed her nasty side and was cussed in the media for being a racist bully along with a few other girls in the house.

i think shes an actress, from a rich family.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she is a Bollywood actress. If she can actually act instead of dancing around in an Indian musical, then great, but I'd rather see others get a shot at being the next Asian family than someone who got her fame in Britain for doing Big Brother/Jade Goody racist fiasco.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pirtybirdy"]I think she is a Bollywood actress. If she can actually act instead of dancing around in an Indian musical, then great,

Now that made me smile and understand you just a little bit more Pirtybaby ...... Sad
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Aja"]
pirtybirdy wrote:
I think she is a Bollywood actress. If she can actually act instead of dancing around in an Indian musical, then great,

Now that made me smile and understand you just a little bit more Pirtybaby ...... Sad

What do you mean?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
she was in celebrity big brother over here sky ( think she might have won it ), the one where jade revealed her nasty side and was cussed in the media for being a racist bully along with a few other girls in the house.

i think shes an actress, from a rich family.

Thanks luke. Still don't know her Laughing but at least know where she is "from" I've never been a fan of big brother, over here or there, so never keep up.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never Mind Pirty ..........
luke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Thanks luke. Still don't know her Laughing but at least know where she is "from" I've never been a fan of big brother, over here or there, so never keep up.

you don't like marmite, you don't watch big brother, you call your husband the 'husband unit' - i worry about you sky nyer wink
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember her from CBB --- that was the one and only series of it that I watched. I sense that she's more famous in the UK for that than her actual acting. But, if she can act, then let's see what she can do on EE..... I'm betting it only takes Max Branning 10 minutes before he hits on her Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:

you don't like marmite, you don't watch big brother, you call your husband the 'husband unit' - i worry about you sky nyer wink

Laughing You wouldn't be the first to worry but definitely for those reasons.

I think the reason I can't stand big brother is because it reminds me of the bad days when you're teaching. Trapped in a room with a bunch of other people you were just thrown together with, they smell, they're loud and they think they know everything and you know nothing. Or maybe it could be because the show is just shit Razz

As for marmite, I'm not eating anything that looks like day old, vaginal discharge (and smells worse) wow

And for the husband unit, you should hear what he calls me Cool
luke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so wishing i hadn't brought marmite up Crying Sad Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: