EE: Nick Cotton oozes back to the square
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: EE: Nick Cotton oozes back to the square Reply with quote

Look out Dot, Nick is home...
By SARA NATHAN
TV Editor

NASTY Nick Cotton is on his way back to EastEnders. Nick, one of Walford’s most notorious villains, will return to telly’s Albert Square this Christmas to torment his long-suffering mum Dot.

The soap creep, played by John Altman, has spent the past few years banged up for drug offences. But he returns hoping Dot, veteran actress June Brown, will welcome him home with open arms. Nick, who appeared in the BBC soap’s very first episode in 1985, was last seen in June 2001.

Last night actor John, 56, said: “After an absence of seven years I am thrilled to return. I’ve always been given great storylines and look forward to seeing if Nick will once again spread fear and loathing throughout the Square.” EastEnders boss Diederick Santer added: “Nick Cotton is an EastEnders legend. We’re very excited that he — and the talented John Altman — are coming back.”

Nick sparked chaos from the outset of the show by murdering Reg Cox and later killed Eddie Royle. He nearly succeeded in finishing off Dot too when he locked her in her flat and tried to poison her. The telly bad boy also had a spell in a wheelchair when he fell from a viaduct during a struggle with old enemy Mark Fowler.

-------------------

haha, excellent - he's a proper slimeball. It's crazy to think he's 56 though...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be good for sure. Poor Dot. I wonder what Bradley is going to do if he is still living with her.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm almost tempted to start watching again - nick cotton is one of if not the greatest ( and baddest ) characters in soap land! hello ma ... Laughing

i thought he was killed off!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
i'm almost tempted to start watching again - nick cotton is one of if not the greatest ( and baddest ) characters in soap land! hello ma ... Laughing

i thought he was killed off!

Nope, he's been in the nick and was diagnosed with cancer, but never killed off.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray!! True evil returns to the square!
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG - Things are going to start getting good...!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch your ice cream Dot! He might try to slip in a little arsenic again Laughing

Who was doing the study on soap villians?????? This would be the guy to watch!
luke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Who was doing the study on soap villians?????? This would be the guy to watch!

thats a mate of mine, i thought the same thing when i saw this - but i think he had to empathise with the character, and surly, you can't empathise with nick cotton! Laughing
HandoGod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was faking that he has cancer, right? I'm sure I heard that in an episode.

It's gonna be good!!

Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandoGod wrote:
He was faking that he has cancer, right? I'm sure I heard that in an episode.

It's gonna be good!!

Smile

I don't see how he was faking it as Dot went to visit him at the prison hospital and was receiving care.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news. I hope Dot doesn't let him roll over her again. I thought she kicked his ass out when the whole Ashley dying thing occurred. I think Bradley will look out for her best interests though, as well as the whole square. Does anyone know how long his contract is for?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
but i think he had to empathise with the character, and surly, you can't empathise with nick cotton! Laughing

I think you're right on that one, mate! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Appy Christmas, Ma
Dot Branning gets an 'orrible shock as Nasty Nick returns to EastEnders
24th November 2008

One of EastEnders' biggest villains Nasty Nick Cotton gives his 'ma' Dot Branning a shock when he turns up at her door on Christmas Day. The pensioner, played by June Brown, is stunned when John Altman's character Nick turns up after being released from prison.

Nasty Nick last appeared in Albert Square in 2001 when he was thrown out of Dot's home following the funeral of his son Ashley. Nick's teenage son Ashley died after he stole Mark Fowler's motorbike, which Nick had tampered with the brakes in the hope of causing an accident involving Mark. Ashley was killed after the bike crashed into the window of the laundrette, devastating both Nick and Dot. Dot blamed Nick for the accident and told him she was cutting him out of her life after the youngster's funeral. After a long period apart, it appears Nick is hoping to give his relationship with his long-suffering mother yet another try.

Altman enthused: 'After an absence of seven years I am thrilled to return to Albert Square, the BBC have always given me great storylines as Nick Cotton and I look forward to seeing if Nick will once again spread fear and loathing throughout the Square.' Brown is equally excited: 'He's coming back and because he's doing a pantomime, which was already booked, he has to go off for a couple of months and then he comes back again.'

As they were: Dot and Nick during his last residence in Walford seven years ago

Nick appeared in EastEnders' very first episode which transmitted on February 19 1985. He was seen plunging his fist through the window of the Queen Vic in the opening programme. From the outset he caused a scandal by killing Albert Square resident Reg Cox during a robbery. He then went on to kill Eddie Royle. Nick even nearly succeeded in killing his mother when he tried to poison her.

Diederick Santer, EastEnders executive producer, said: 'Nick Cotton is an EastEnders legend. His complex relationship with Dot, his criminal tendencies, and his addiction to heroin, violence, and everything else that's bad have made him one of the show's best-remembered and best-loved villains. We're very excited that he - and the talented John Altman who plays him - will be returning to the Square.'

----------------

Altman has also been busy with personal appearances - here he is turning on the Christmas lights in Reading... it's all go! haha

eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like yet another exciting Christmas in the square Laughing
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the old Broad St Mall on that video clip. Brings back memories of shopping in Reading. I do miss old Blighty at Christmastime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: