Psycho Hockey Mom From Hell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Psycho Hockey Mom From Hell Reply with quote

Imagine going to your son's hockey game and videotaping it. Then imagine the woman heard in this video is seated behind you. This is what happened here. (I also note the irony of the "Holy Family University" banner on the rink sideboard.) Apparently some kid called "Hammer" gets a hold of the hockey stick belonging to the crazy lady's son called Jimmy.
Crying crazed
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ on a bike - she could do with a swift punch upside the head or something!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw her out of the game. Good lord.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mouth. Apparently has never watched hockey before...contact and fighting is part of the game. Parents like her are why I where my iPod to my nephew's football games.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Nice mouth. Apparently has never watched hockey before...contact and fighting is part of the game.

Exactly. Hockey is just UFC with L shaped sticks.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's not actually true. The game is not based on fighting, but it is a stratagy of the game. It has its usefullness. If you are going to be a hockey mom you have to get used to that.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so true Spurs. I have been to plenty of hockey games where a fight doesn't happen. But to go to a game an not expect to see any type of roughness is insane. It would be like going to a basketball game and expecting someone not to steal the ball from your kid.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
The game is not based on fighting

What was that movie (I think it had your stalker in it!) in which the Dalai Lama laughs about football as being 'ritualised warfare'. All sport is war - or at least should be if it's done right!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fight in hockey is what I call an extra perk to the game when it happens! lol! 'specially when I got a good seat up close! lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
The game is not based on fighting

What was that movie (I think it had your stalker in it!) in which the Dalai Lama laughs about football as being 'ritualised warfare'. All sport is war - or at least should be if it's done right!

My stalker, Brad Pitt? Was it Seven Days in Tibet (or something to that effect...)? I have never seen that, so it is just a guess...And the Dalai Lama is right!! ;)

I agree that hockey is not tennis or lawn bowling. It is a physical, full contact sport, but the fights, while allowable to a certain extent (and Gary Bettman, the GM of Hockey, whom all reall hockey fans hate, has made sure to kill almost all of the fighting in the NHL) is not the main focus of the sport and are monitored. Once a player hits the ice, the fight is over. It is not just out of control battles, no matter what they say in "Slap Shot"!! A movie, which by the way, predicted professional hockey in Florida. Laughing

I don't like too many fights, because it gets boring. There are a couple of teams in the league that we just hate and there are fights every 2 mins. Boring....But a good drop of the gloves everyonce in a while is a real treat.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this video because, as a Hockey Aunt, I'm always amazed at how some of the parents act. It's one thing for adult hockey players to hear verbal abuse & get in fights (as a Washington Capitals fan, I personally love watching Donald Brashear punch the hell out of a (deserving cunning) opponent hahaha) , but not for 10-11-12 year-old kid.

Last weekend, I went to 4 of my nephews' hockey games. It amazes me how some parents encourage their 10-year-olds to "play dirty". When the referee wasn't looking, I saw kids taking shots at my nephew's team. And the stuff some of the parents are screaming is unbelievable. It's not as bad as the lady on the video, but still - these are CHILDREN.

Sadly, this type of behaviour isn't exclusive to hockey. Hopefully, filming and then posting this kind of stuff will shame the offender into better behaviour!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: