EE: Jase and Jay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: EE: Jase and Jay Reply with quote

Jase is out of the picture now. An untimely end. I will miss him. I enjoyed the character and found him quite refreshing.

But does this mean Jay will leave? I haven't heard if the young actor is being written out of the show over this storyline. If he is, it will be a shame. I have really come to love the character of Jay and the young actor who plays him does an amazing job. He has come a long way, both the character and actor.

When Jay first came on the show I couldn't stand him but I feel they have done excellent development with this character. They have had him go through actually personality changes but never caused him to have a "reboot" like the characters of Ian or Phil.

I loved Jay's handling of Dawn. I personally have never grown to like Dawn. Even with her "revelation" after Shirley (of all people) gave her a talking to, I know in no time at all she'll be the shame shallow, self-centered character she was before. To she her taken down more than a few pegs by Jay was a happy result for me.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. I was just telling Marcella what a fab job he has done in recent epis. It is sad when a 13 year old has to become such an adult that he can not only spot but call out the short comings of "his" adult.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same as you Sky --- I've never really warmed to Dawn, but Jay has really come a long long way since he first came on the square (remember good ol' Burt?????). Who know's what they'll do with him???
Twirley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he stays in the show as he is such a good little actor...I think they may be buildling to something with him & Billy, esp as Billy is due to lose Honey (and the kids?). Maybe Billy will see Jay as a surrogate Jamie (oooh..they almost have the same name!). Looking forward to the next few weeks.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay hasn't been up to much lately on the show so when I saw him last night I was happy. However, did anyone else notice how his voice has gone deeper! The boy is growing up!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't look quite as street urchin anymore. He has grown into his face, so to speak. I have always liked Jay and I think he may be growing into a young man. I am probably speaking to soon, but...

The other one that is growing up right before our very eyes is Darren. He grown so tall. He also seems to have straightend himself out.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that as well Spurs. It also broke my heart to see him try so hard to have something more in common with Libby.

Both Jay and Darren are turning out great and have a come a long way since they came on the shows.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt bad for him too. I hope after all they have been thru, that they don't break up. They are cute together and both have something to offer to the relationship that the other doesn't have, Libby her book smarts and Darren his street smarts. They are two sides of the same coin.

It would be interesting to see the first epis for both of them and compare them to now. I could just go to the website and pull up those epis. I don't really have time with school to...hey, wait... I am done tomorrow and graduating... I DO HAVE TIME!!! Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like time Spurs and congrats on being done tomorrow and graduating that is so great!
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
hey, wait... I am done tomorrow and graduating... I DO HAVE TIME!!! Laughing

Congrats Spurs!! Wish I was done tomorrow.

One more week for this semester then a few weeks off before summer starts. Ugh!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you. Well, I am off to grad school in the fall, so one is never truly done, but I am doing SQUAT over the summer. Spend time with niece and nephews (I have a lunch date with the 5 year old today), read things I want to read and hang at the beach. I can't wait!!

I am having a party on Saturday and will see if Marcella will help me post some pics...'cause you know I am a techno-tard!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one Spurs - enjoy yourself, you deserve it after all the work
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Face!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I noticed that as well Spurs. It also broke my heart to see him try so hard to have something more in common with Libby.

Both Jay and Darren are turning out great and have a come a long way since they came on the shows.

They have indeed! We are nearly two years behind, here on BBC Canada and when I watch an older episode, it really hits home how much they've grown since they first appeared on the show.

@ spurs --- congrats on your grad! Way to go!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Jase? I love that young actor and he's only been on about once in months! Is school taking up his time or are they wasting the use of a brilliant actor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: