Corrie - Character returns after 42 years!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Corrie - Character returns after 42 years! Reply with quote

The 1966 scene in which Detective Constable Bill Sharp played by Derek Newark (left) arrests Jed Stone (left) for handling stolen blankets in the Rovers Return pub

Evicted: Jed Stone, played by Kenneth Cope, is evicted from his home by ruthless developer Tony Gordon, played by Gray O'Brien
Sunny Jim makes a dramatic return to Weatherfield after 42 years
24th June 2008

A familiar face reappears in Coronation Street this week when Sunny Jim makes a dramatic return to Weatherfield. Actor Kenneth Cope made his Street debut in the 1960s and is set to return to the street to play the same role after 42 years away. Kenneth played Minnie Caldwell's lodger Jed Stone, who she called Sunny Jim, and was last seen in Corrie in 1966 being sent to prison for handling stolen blankets.

Jed was always turning his hand to dubious business deals including a market stall, fruit machines, an auction room and selling waxworks. Cope will again play the part of Jed Stone - now an elderly tenant who stands in the way of Tony Gordon's expanding business empire. Older Coronation Street viewers will recognise Cope playing Mr Stone with his trademark flat cap still firmly in place. His storyline will feature being evicted from his home by ruthless developer Tony, played by Gray O'Brien.

Cope joined the cast of Coronation Street to play lovable rogue Jed in 1961. He left in 1966. The actor has also appeared in several Carry On films, Brookside and had a leading role in 1960s cult television series Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased).

----------------

That's some going eh? 42 years for handling blankets!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he murder the blankets? lol I don't even think murder would keep him in an English prison that long...lol Sounds kewl though. Interesting to have a character back after so many years. I'm looking forward to it. I can't stand Tony.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch Corrie, but I may start!! Very cool....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: