Dolly Parton suing Howard Stern??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Dolly Parton suing Howard Stern?? Reply with quote

---------------------------------------

I love the quote from Dolly where she apparently said "They have done editing or some sort of trickery to make this horrible, horrible thing".

Well, fucking duh! How out of touch is she?? "They dang well must'a done some darn tootin' trickery, gosh drat it! Cos I never in ma' ding dong darned life said them there words, no sir'ee!" Fuckin idiot.

I love some of her music, but if she can't see the humour in this then she can go fuck herself.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kenny Rogers beard smells like boy cum"

God-Damn!!!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this. I was just waitin' to hear the audio..LOL! Thanks! I love Howard Stern. She knows about Howard Stern and what he does for a living. I don't think she'll have a boob to bounce on with a lawsuit. It's not on public radio, it's on satellite. I think anyone with a brain knows she didn't really say that stuff. It makes it that much more funny knowing that she would never say anything like that. I guess she lost her sense of humor. If she never said anything, this would never have been an issue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it offensive - because it's such poor, hack comedy and so badly made! It's like it was done by a 14 yr old on youtube...
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I don't think she'll have a boob to bounce on with a lawsuit. It's not on public radio, it's on satellite. I think anyone with a brain knows she didn't really say that stuff.

I agree. It's similar to when Jerry Falwell tried to sue Larry Flynt for mocking up an advert for some gin or rum with obviously made-up quotes attributed to Falwell, saying things like "I used to make love to my mother in an out-house". It was so glaringly obvious to anyone that they were made up that the judge threw it out.

I have to agree with Face, too, that Howard Stern's humour isn't exactly sophisticated, but even immature humour has to be defended against up-their-own-arse people who take their public image far too seriously. I mean, suing over that clip? Madness!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon it's probably just a whole big tabloid nonsense blown up to sell papers and promote Stern. Though the bit about 'nigger loving' is genuinely offensive I'd say - whoever made that clip had the intention of making a joke out of using nigger. There's humour and then there's using someone to promote an idea of your own. I think she could have a case...
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I reckon it's probably just a whole big tabloid nonsense blown up to sell papers and promote Stern. Though the bit about 'nigger loving' is genuinely offensive I'd say - whoever made that clip had the intention of making a joke out of using nigger. There's humour and then there's using someone to promote an idea of your own. I think she could have a case...

I think That will be the part That gets her a case .....
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I suppose you've got a point there. Although, to play devil's advocate one could point out that in order for Stern to edit together a clip of Dolly Parton saying that, she evidently used the word herself. Legally speaking, I don't think it could be argued to be putting words in her mouth, but drastically changing the context of words she actually did say. And while changing the context of something to misrepresent a person in order to defame them is libel, this was clearly done for (admittedly tasteless) comedic effect.

Stern, as you said, made a joke and deliberately used the N word, and as much as that is dancing on a pin for a rich white man, as far as I'm aware, that is not illegal or even grounds for a private action.

She'd need to prove that the clip actually damaged her financially or damaged her reputation, wouldn't she? You can't sue for just being disgusted by something.

On second glance I think you might be right about the story being "got up" for the sake of publicity, which is definitely offensive to me!

I did a similar edit a while ago of Christopher Hitchens from one of his audiobooks to make it sound like he was saying he likes to suck baby boys' penises (CLICK), which is probably why I'm interested in this story, because that was tasteless and immature, too, but I did it for a larf and I'd hate for Hitch to discover it and get a judge to make me give him all my money.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what they've done is taken bits of words and strung them together, she might have said 'bigger' at one point and they've replaced the b with n from another word.

Your Hitchens thing was better and funnier though, and there's no way it could be taken as anything other than just plain bad taste (well done!). For a white southern woman to be 'heard' saying what they've made her say is probably a different matter though.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it's an adolescent hack job of clips, but that's the essence of Howard Stern. He's a 50 year old adolescent. He's always been offensive in many ways over the years. The N word is quite offensive, but not illegal, at least not in the USA and it was said on satellite radio. She certainly has the right to sue, but I doubt she'd win. She'd have a hard time proving libel and financial damage in my opinion.

I think that she'll let some time pass and have a think about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you CLICK here you can see the official comment on her website. So it is a genuine complaint at least...
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
If you CLICK here you can see the official comment on her website. So it is a genuine complaint at least...

Quote:
I have never been so shocked, hurt and humiliated in all my life. I cannot believe what Howard Stern has done to me. In a blue million years, I would never have such vulgar things come out of my mouth. They have done editing or some sort of trickery to make this horrible, horrible thing. Please accept my apology for them and certainly know I had nothing to do with this. If there was ever going to be a lawsuit, it's going to be over this. Just wanted you to know that I am completely devastated by this.

--Dolly Parton

That just confirms my original gut feeling. Never been so shocked, hurt and humiliated?? Has she been living in a cave being fed ambrosia by mutes?! She has no clue about the real world! She lives behind exagerated, over-emotive, dross platitudes that have no real meaning.

If she's never been so shocked then she must consider this worse than 911. Which is idiotic.

If she's never been so hurt then she must consider this more important than the break-up that inspired her to write "I Will Always Love You". Which is idiotic.

And if she's never been so humiliated then she's never looked at herself in the mirror and gone "Fucking hell, my tits are a hundred times too big".

And what is a "blue million years"? Does she assume "blue moon" is a customisable, non finite grammatical device? It isn't, Dolly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: