How to improve Most Haunted (if you could)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: How to improve Most Haunted (if you could) Reply with quote

Quite a few of us like Most Haunted but what are some of the things about the show that bug you and what are some of the things that you would suggest to better the show ???
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more ghosts, less fakes!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a loaded question there Gasman.

First off, for the live shows I'd slam Richard Felix back on stage being a historian. It's his occupation and something he was brilliant at. It'd be okay to see him on the regular shows I reckon but using him the way they did in the early shows would be better, like having him off in another room somewhere and when they need to follow up on historical questions they'd get intouch with him on the walkie-talkie.

Stuart - He needs to be doing his job behind the camera a bit more in the future because he's gotten well out of hand with screaming like a bitch everytime the wind blows. It seems odd to me that each time him and Karl go on a vigil something happens.

Yvette - She should take no part in table tipping because she isn't credible at all anymore since being caught out giving the glass a wee bit of help that time as shown in the video on Bad Psychics. Once the shadow of doubt is cast on someone it pretty much ruins it for me.

David Wells - MORE MORE MORE lol Razz He's brilliant!

I think that about covers it for now, but I'm sure I could think of 100 other things.

What would you change Gasman? You posed the question but didn't add anything yourself. Lets hear it!
ashley1013

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.... well, Derek would have been the first thing I'd have changed, but um, they did that hehehe. Smile

BRING BACK PHIL WHYMAN!!! I mean, I like Ciaran and all but um, he's no Phil hehe. Okay, so I can be shallow when I want to be. :p I miss Yvette and Phil going off and it turning into an Abbott and Costello skit hehe.

David Wells is awesome, keep him. He's a big, lovable teddy bear.

Ah, the big one - perhaps turn the camera on the room more than on themselves so if/when things do happen WE can see them too!!! Smile Or have more cameras... one for the room and one for the crew and edit it later.

And now on a side note - break it to Stuart that it's really creepy how into Karl he seems to be.

Other than that... love it the way it is. It's Scooby Doo meets the X-Files and it's hard to top that. Very Happy
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all things said....

I really like David Wells as the medium. He's believeable and not an actor like Derek was. (I still like you Derek!!!)

Stop pointing the fucking cameras at your faces and show me the room. No one on MH is that fucking interesting that I must see their green faces with hollow eyes all the God damned time !!! (unless there is a booger hanging out their noses which is needed for comic relief)

Stop having the hair dressers and the boy that cleans the dog shit off of everyones shoes carry cameras and hear every little noise as "paranormal".

Get rid of Karl. I don't believe him one bit. He's the producer and director for God's sakes so of course he's going to see things and hear noises on every eppy. Karl makes me believe in Derek more and more.

Most Haunted is a good show but I would like them to set out to do what them seemed to have wanted to do in the first place. A serious paranormal investigation. This is why I'm so nuts for "Ghost Hunters". These guys aren't showmen, they just report what they see. They are extremely tough on the evidence and don't see every little light or noise as they would on Most Haunted.
If you're really into a good paranormal investigation then give "Ghost Hunters" a try. I have 10 eppys up and running now.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that Ghost Hunters a shot Gasman, I like stuff that at least appears to be genuine... something I never got from Most Haunted simply for the reason you pointed out about the close-ups on the presenters and the deliberately "spooky" look of it. They'd be as well holding a torch under their chins and saying "wooooooooo!"
ashley1013

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost Hunters is definitely far more serious in regards to ghosthunting hehe. But they aren't quite as much fun to watch over and over again - although - the ep in the Shining hotel in Colorado where Jason scared some of the newbies was darn funny!! Smile

I think MH is one of those you either believe it completely (for whatever reason) or you simply enjoy it as a fun, entertaining, sometimes creepy for a Friday (or Tuesday) night show Smile.

And don't even think of getting rid of Karl :p. Stuart, please, feel free too, he's a drama queen, but not Karl sniff. How could you even think that???? ;)
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashley1013 wrote:
Ghost Hunters is definitely far more serious in regards to ghosthunting hehe. But they aren't quite as much fun to watch over and over again - although - the ep in the Shining hotel in Colorado where Jason scared some of the newbies was darn funny!! Smile

I think MH is one of those you either believe it completely (for whatever reason) or you simply enjoy it as a fun, entertaining, sometimes creepy for a Friday (or Tuesday) night show Smile.

And don't even think of getting rid of Karl :p. Stuart, please, feel free too, he's a drama queen, but not Karl sniff. How could you even think that???? ;)

They can't get rid of Karl or the show goes off the air. With no Karl there's no Yvette and without them there's no rights to the show so I'd not worry a bit.

I thought Ghost Hunters was okay but I really thought it a bit ridiculous to listen to a couple plumbers talking about which location and what they were going to do over draining sewage pipes or fixing someones loo Razz Also the bickering amongst themselves got a bit old as well, but overall not a bad.

I enjoyed the ones I saw and think anyone that's into this stuff should give it a try.
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'll give that Ghost Hunters a shot Gasman, I like stuff that at least appears to be genuine... something I never got from Most Haunted simply for the reason you pointed out about the close-ups on the presenters and the deliberately "spooky" look of it. They'd be as well holding a torch under their chins and saying "wooooooooo!"

Smile Very Happy Smile

The best thing about GH is that they automatically try to debunk the stories instead believing them right away. They want hard core evidence and they go for it.
ashley1013

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]They can't get rid of Karl or the show goes off the air. With no Karl there's no Yvette and without them there's no rights to the show so I'd not worry a bit.

I thought Ghost Hunters was okay but I really thought it a bit ridiculous to listen to a couple plumbers talking about which location and what they were going to do over draining sewage pipes or fixing someones loo Razz Also the bickering amongst themselves got a bit old as well, but overall not a bad.

I enjoyed the ones I saw and think anyone that's into this stuff should give it a try.[/quote]

LOL - I wasn't worried about Karl going - that was more for Gasman.

I completely agree with you about the bickering on Ghost Hunters. That has definitely taken away from the show a lot. The other thing that does slighly annoy me (and probably wouldn't if I hadn't watched MH first) is the fact that none of them carry cameras - we have to rely on the networks crew to think to pan over to where a noise or something was coming from. In some ways GH is a bit more dramatized for TV than MH is. But my friend in Australia and I were talking about all this last night too - yeah, we both agree Karl has definitely um, encouraged, some bangs and knocks (especially Greengate Brewery which drives me nuts that no one else has commented on it!!! When he and Yvette are alone in the keg room and a stone hits one of the kegs and she freaks out and the next shot is her holding onto him while he holds the camera - right before that, when the camera is still on the keg, at the bottom off to the left you can see a small stone being tossed from him... it only drops to the floor cause I think he was afraid she'd have passed out on him if he threw another to the keg). But what it really all comes down to is that everyone watches MH cause it's fun and it's good TV (whether or not you believe the 'evidence') and lets face it, Yvette and Karl have been in the business long enough prior to MH to know what makes good TV. Is it all faked? Probably not. Especially more recently there are things that no matter how good (or bad) an actor someone is, cannot be faked. But yeah, some of it was (oaky, maybe more than we all initially thought). But it still comes down to it's a fun show to watch no matter what Very Happy

Back to GH - are you saying that your plumbers don't stand around and discuss hauntings while working on the sink or something? That's not normal?? hehe.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashley1013 wrote:

Back to GH - are you saying that your plumbers don't stand around and discuss hauntings while working on the sink or something? That's not normal?? hehe.

LOL Smile ye crack me up girl
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm an Electrician and we do stand around talking about this strange stuff.. only difference is, there's no cameras on us....
Link

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost Hunters is a funny, funny show.

Idealisticly, if I could change Most Haunted into a more serious programme...

I'd replace Yvette with someone who didn't jump at the sound of a board creaking.

Ciaran would conduct more experiments and be allowed to set up trigger objects and locked off cameras.

Richard Felix would go back to following up on the facts provided by the mediums instead of adding to the already too large group doing an investigation.

Cath would stick to doing hair and make-up and not joining in on the investigations.

Karl and Stuart wouldn't be allowed to do any vigils together; ever notice how /everything/ seems to happen to them when they're together?

David Wells would become the main medium, if not the only medium on the show.

Matthew Smith would be brought back to do his own analysis of the events on top of Ciaran's. Just like what they used to do with the episodes in the earlier seasons, like season 2, etc.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link wrote:
Ghost Hunters is a funny, funny show.

Idealisticly, if I could change Most Haunted into a more serious programme...

I'd replace Yvette with someone who didn't jump at the sound of a board creaking.

Ciaran would conduct more experiments and be allowed to set up trigger objects and locked off cameras.

Richard Felix would go back to following up on the facts provided by the mediums instead of adding to the already too large group doing an investigation.

Cath would stick to doing hair and make-up and not joining in on the investigations.

Karl and Stuart wouldn't be allowed to do any vigils together; ever notice how /everything/ seems to happen to them when they're together?

David Wells would become the main medium, if not the only medium on the show.

Matthew Smith would be brought back to do his own analysis of the events on top of Ciaran's. Just like what they used to do with the episodes in the earlier seasons, like season 2, etc.

I agree with you 110% on everything you've said here. I can't believe I missed commenting on Cath, and you're spot on about Karl and Stu.

I loved hearing Matthew Smith at the end of each show. He really brought a lot of sense to everything that happened during each episode. I atleast hope they'll still be using him on the live shows. The guy they had last time seems a bit of a dickhead.

We'll see tomorrow!
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 110% with you too Link !!!! Most Haunted is a fab show but with a more serious bend on it, it was be double fab !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Conspiracies, Paranormal and the Unexplained All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: