Dealing with Hecklers 101
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Dealing with Hecklers 101 Reply with quote

Richard Herring with an absolute masterclass in how to deal with a heckler. This is the sort of magic that can only come from years of stand-up experience.
Cool

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a tosser! He didn't even seem that drunk...
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how Rich dealt with it.

When the guy shouts "Bollocks!" and Rich goes "That's not where piss comes from... it might seem like it to you..." Haha! Burn!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he was just a touch better at dealing with him than that guy from Seinfeld eh? haha
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Yeah, he was just a touch better at dealing with him than that guy from Seinfeld eh? haha

That's actually exactly what I was thinking. I found the Richard Herring video after listening to his podcasts and deciding to search him on YouTube, and I was well impressed, but so many of the "similar" videos that also include the tag "heckler" are of American comedians dealing with hecklers, and they're so much worse.

It seems like most stand-ups deal with hecklers by launching into really pathetic attacks on them, like the George Carlin one where he's screaming at a heckler saying he needs a dick in his mouth and he's a cocksucker... I mean, that is retarded. And homophobic.

Richard Herring dealt with that guy so well - it was funny and smart and he wasn't offensive.

It seems like most examples of "comedian deals with heckler" actually turns out to be "comedian uses idiotic macho swear-filled homophobic diatribe to smother hecker at risk of own reputation".
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's pretty rare that you have to go so far with anyone though - usually the bouncers will remove someone if they're disrupting the show. The one with the guy smashing his guitar over someone's head is a perfect example of the comedian being a dick though.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video I just saw - featuring Dave Bishop (he's a member here) in full flow abuse mode against someone in the audience...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=35782056

Dave, that was shite man. It struck me as a very poor and much more aggressive interpretation of Bill Hicks in the well-worn 'Losing it' video... the way you pulled Rogna into your rant was pretty poor too - that was like a bully's weak mate saying 'look who I'm with'
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Joe Rogan that did Fear Factor? He's a comic? I don't think I'd pay to see him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, that's Dave Bishop - he was opening for Rogan. Rogan is a comic of sorts. He's not a bad performer, but his writing is like that of a 15 year old.
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seemed unnecessary. Maybe he failed to perform in the sack earlier that day or something.

It must be quite frustrating when someone is on stage with a microphone and essentially controls the disagreement by being able to talk over you. I'd have wanted to point out his moronic hypocricy in complaining to the heckler that she's never met him or knows him, and then goes on to make judgements about her that he couldn't possibly know - and he stumbled on his words as well, obviously desperately trying to remember the pre-prepared comeback he'd made up three months ago if ever a random woman decides to say how shit and boring and formulaic he is.

The best put-downs come from people who actually respond to the heckler, by which I mean say something that not only shuts them up but could only apply to that specific situation. These "canned" responses are just depressingly average.

One of the best comebacks I've ever heard was when Russell Brand was dealing with an awkward woman, and he said "You're mad!" She replied "Don't you question my integrity; I work with people who have mental problems!"

Russell immediately came back with "I'm not surprised. I bet they were OK before you started that job".

Badda bing, badda boom!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had seen Dave Bishop before from this site, I think he has a myspace website, but I had no idea Joe Rogan was a comic. I thought he was just a doofus who got famous because of Fear Factor. Before Fear Factor, I've never heard of Joe Rogan. lol! I forget where I saw Joe Rogan in another arena after Fear Factor, but remember he was an arrogant prick. lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'You've got long hair and you look like a surfer!' - this kid's going to hell! haha
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a prank call where the guy phones a sex line and asks the woman to pretend to be a bad comedian... budump bump!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: