Squatters...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Squatters... Reply with quote

What a troublemaker eh? People with this kind of spirit must be crushed!

angry
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame. Sounds like he's had a bit of bad luck. It's too bad he can't seem to keep a job down. I do hope his neighbors are able to help him out.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the photo gallery? It's quite the setup he's got going!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty damn amazing for sure. As weird as it may sound he could make good money building that type of thing for kids. If he can be reliable, it might work out.

It is just a shame when you see these people so down on their luck never getting a break.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he wants a break as such and as it seems the local tax payers have taken him in as a neighbour I reckon the council must be pretty soulless. It's a situation that could be used by others if he was allowed to continue, but every case should be judged on its merits.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats such a shame, like faceless says - thats quite a setup!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the mailbox the neighbor gave him is a Danish mailbox..LOL!! Maybe other European mailboxes have the same picture on it, but I recall that picture at the Danish postoffices. At least he has an RV to live in, but how long will it be before the local town authorities bust his balls about it being parked on the street without being registered and insured. That happened to my Uncle who lived in his RV in front of my house. My neighbor tattled and he had to move the RV or bring it inside on the property. Maybe one of the neighbors will let him park it on their property or maybe one of the local private businesses will let him park there. I understand his want of keeping his pets, but he needs to suck it in and start at the beginning. Welfare will supply him shelter without the pets. From there, he can go job hunting. Get job, save money, slowly acquire things. This is life. Some acquire things faster and more abundantly. He is in charge of his own destiny. He seems like a nice guy, and I'm glad the neighbors look out for him. He sure had a shit life growing up it sounds, though it sounds like he was adopted eventually and had good adoptive parents. It went pearshaped in the last 5 or 6 years of his life. I do feel for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'course one can't give the opportunity to just anyone to live in a tree. What would happen if the middle class got a hold of the idea? Couldn't have that lot pleasing themselves and losing all that tax now could we. They might even start to like to live with each other and consume less, couldn't have that either could we.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: