EE: Lucy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: EE: Lucy Reply with quote

She has gone completely mental to say the least. It's not just normal teenage rebellion. She's a lot like her mother.

I must say, I would never like it in real life, but it was satisfying seeing Ian give her a slap back Laughing

This family needs some intensive therapy.

Of course, Steven didn't do that much to try and prevent the party. He was a big wuss when it came down to it.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she has lost her marbles. and she's become worse. I don't think we've ever seen her all punked up like she was. All she was missing last night was the Amy Winehouse eyeliner.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed to me that the other "adults" in the square didn't think it was too big of a deal that there was an out of control party in their neighborhood. They seemed to think it was "normal". On the other hand, I may have missed the subtle "jab" at Ian, because they don't like him, so they purposely aren't sympathizing with him. They may think he got his just desserts. Ian may be a "pompous arsehole", but I wouldn't think he was as bad as to laugh at his obviously destroyed home where his children live.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that as well pirty. But the ones who were watching were ones who don't care what happens to Ian. That's why it was Charlie that called. Charlie isn't as petty as that lot.

I was thinking about this a bit and I think what they are trying to do with her isn't just turn her into her mother but show something about her age. She is at an age where a young girl really needs her mother and she was so young when her mother died. It's like she's grieving for her all over again. There is a lot of anger and resentment over her mother's death and she's placing all the blame on Ian.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but she must really really hate her father to let the house be destroyed like that. It's not just her that lives in that house. Money doesn't grow on trees. If she keeps biting the hand that feeds her, she may find a one way ticket to emancipation, unless they don't do that in England. Maybe a one way ticket to a foster home or juvenile detention center.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree Pirty. I thought that as well. I mean, there is no way they stayed away from her bedroom as well. They would have trashed the whole house.

Ian hasn't always handled her in the best way, but overall he does do his best to provide for them and love them. It should be interesting to watch the fall out over all of this because there is going to be some for sure.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girl has as many issues with her father as David in Corrie does with his mother. It seems to be a combination of the teenage years along with things that have scarred them emotionally in their earlier life and the actions of the adults in not responding to the fact that their kids have mental scars. Lucy needs some therapy as soon as possible to stop her going any worse.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Twirley. Those two kids (David and Lucy) both have committed such extreme actions, that they are in real need of therapy. I don't believe in therapy for myself, but those kids really seem messed up in the head to the point that it either harms another person physically or financially to an extreme. Ian will probably be strung up by the balls by child protective services for the slap he gave her. Maybe even have criminal charges pressed against him. That would be a good way to resent and hate your kid. Let's see how this plays out.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty satifying to see Ian give Lucy a slap. She is such a brat. All of what you guys have said is true and both sides are going to have to communicate a little better to get this resolved. I was heartened to see Ian give up his audience with the Queen when Lucy couldn't be found. I figured he would just chalk it up to her bunking off school, but he is actually doing the Dad thing...good for him. I hated to see all the damage to the house. They put so much work into it to update it from the "Lou Beale" days as Pauline never really changed much and for it to be destroyed really mad me mad.
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucy deserved the slap from Ian and I wish he had smacked her some more. She is a right evil little cow. Her character is so rotten that when Ian had to go identify if the body was Lucy I was hoping it would be...yeah yeah I know that is awful but how much longer do we have to watch her being a selfish, rotten brat. Ian is one step up from pond scum but he has always done his best for his kids.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's terrible misslisa. After all, it's a shows character. If Lucy had been on that slab I wouldn't have been sad for Lucy but for the family she left behind because of how she treated them.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now they are making such a BIG deal about that little slap. It's not like he had her hanging in a closet by her thumbnails or anything. Everyone is making Ian feel like such a abuser and I don' think that it is fair. I actually feel bad for Ian...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
And now they are making such a BIG deal about that little slap. It's not like he had her hanging in a closet by her thumbnails or anything. Everyone is making Ian feel like such a abuser and I don' think that it is fair. I actually feel bad for Ian...

I do as well Spurs. I mean honestly, he has been putting up with a lot from Lucy lately the past year or so. He didn't beat her, or punch her, he slapped her AFTER she slapped him. Ian may be a part most of the time but I not only think that overall he's just an insecure guy with a chip on his shoulder but he is a good dad. He doesn't need to be made to feel like this.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misslisalynn wrote:
Lucy deserved the slap from Ian and I wish he had smacked her some more. She is a right evil little cow. Her character is so rotten that when Ian had to go identify if the body was Lucy I was hoping it would be...yeah yeah I know that is awful but how much longer do we have to watch her being a selfish, rotten brat. Ian is one step up from pond scum but he has always done his best for his kids.

If that was my daughter it would of been a beating not a slap ....... I remember when my daughter was 13 thru 15 i did not know her she was like an evil alien ..... Grrrrr and gave me enuff heartache ....... (she still does and shes 30 but in a different way Very Happy ) But for me to wish she was dead ..... I dont think so ...... I did ask her years later ..why she had never run away when I came down hard on her with groundings and stuff.... she said ..... Mum where was I going to Go ? Lucy has not had the most easiest life ......think about it ......
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Ian, when confronted with it, admitted to the police that Lucy has run away in the past. She'll be back, but the next time Ian isn't watching, her next stunt is bound to be a doozie. I'm thinking she burns the house down. next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: