Israeli Rabbi calls for children to be hanged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Israeli Rabbi calls for children to be hanged Reply with quote

Safed chief rabbi calls on state to exact 'revenge' against Arabs
By Nadav Shragai,
Haaretz Correspondent

The chief rabbi of Safed, Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, is calling on the government to carry out "state-sanctioned revenge" against Arabs in order to, in his words, restore Israel's deterrence. The Musawa Center for Arab Rights in Israel said it planned to urge the Attorney General to censure Eliyahu over the comments and punish him "at the fullest severity of the law."

In a piece penned for this upcoming weekend's edition of the newsletter "Eretz Yisrael Shelanu," Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu wrote: "It's time to call the child by its name: Revenge, revenge, revenge. We mustn't forget. We have to take horrible revenge for the terrorist attack at Mercaz Harav yeshiva," referring to the incident in which eight students were killed earlier this month.

"I'm not talking about individual people in particular, I'm talking about the state. [The state] has to pain them to the point where they scream 'Enough,' to the point where they fall flat on their face and scream 'help.' Not for the sake of satisfying the need for revenge but for the purposes of deterrence." In the newsletter, which was distributed to synagogues around the country, Eliyahu proposes "hanging the children of the terrorist who carried out the attack in the Mercaz Harav yeshiva from a tree."

"Two weeks have passed since the attack and we haven't heard of any retaliatory operations by Israel," the Safed chief rabbi wrote. "Something is amiss among the decision makers at the top. At one time, this was a basic component of Israel's policy. Every operation by the 'fedayeen' - the prior name used to describe terrorists ? would bring a painful response. Today, they have forgotten the meaning of 'deterrence force'. The IDF's capacity for deterrence is gone."

The rabbi added that he "already sees all the bleeding hearts clicking their tongues, moving uncomfortably in their chairs, contorting their faces at this display of 'depravity' and beginning to spout their slogans. 'Barbaric.' 'Amoral.' 'Inciter' and the rest of the usual words that are frequently blurted out from their mouths. Don't pay them any mind. With their way of doing things, there won't be a state here in another 30 years. They've already taken the trouble to arrange foreign passports for their children. We'll stay here. We need to live with those who understand very well the language of revenge."

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/968729.html

-------------------

I reckon the final paragraph is more important than all his extremist hate, in that it shows that he is scared of those Israeli 'bleeding hearts' who would rather their children were safe than to stand ground over land that they've only been on for 60 years.

He's Ian Paisley with a skullcap.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was a Christian living in 1930's Germany, I bet he'd feel right at home.

This sort of zealotry that gives Zionism a bad name.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't zealotry and zionism derived from the same idea? Anyone who says they are biblically favoured seems to fit in both camps at least.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i find incredible is not that he thinks that, but that the kinda culture and level of discourse ( and hatred and ignorance ) allows him to actually come out and say it, and the media will cover it like they have - not like 'look what this nutters saying'

imagine omar bakri or someone similar saying we should be hanging kids of zionists - the media would be going crazy, it wouldn't be covered in anywhere near a similar tone to the article above
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was writing it, I was imagining what Israel/Palestine might look like today if those fleeing Europe had not undertaken a mission to define an exclusively Jewish state at the cost of Palestinians, but had merely taken part in a mass emigration, building new lives and living as equals with their neighbours. But perhaps that would not fit the definition of Zionism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: