Kara Tointon NOTW feature
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Kara Tointon NOTW feature Reply with quote

content expired...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has always seemed like she has a good head on her shoulders and I really like her. Can't stand the character of Dawn much though Laughing

I am glad that she is still on good terms with Jason and they realized they weren't ready for something more and were able to end it like adults. So many people can't do that.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice girl, good head on her shoulders, but I don't like Dawn either Laughing

Was nice to see her out of her "Dawn" costume though and sporting some different looks.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea that she and Martin were together and now they have split!! I am always one step behind!! Laughing
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Your character, Dawn, is hardly the perfect wife. She’s a nasty piece of work, isn’t she?She’s just misguided but she might surprise people with her next storyline – when Jay is up in court for the stabbing incident, she persuades him to do the right thing."

It was pleasant to see the character acting like a mother hen with Jay having to testify against the kid who stabbed him. Those fake eye glasses make her look almost credible.
Griffo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Share a secret about yourself — something we’d never guess

I’ve got no bust! Whenever I meet people they always stare straight at my chest because my character Dawn has had a boob job. But on screen it’s all chicken fillets and foam pads. In real life, I’ve got nothing!

How dissapointing Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara Tointon: 'I've had enough of celebrity lovers... now I want Mr Ordinary'
Chris Johnson
23rd October 2008

She was voted the Sexiest Female soap star at last month's Inside Soap Awards. But despite being bestowed with such a flattering accolade, EastEnders star Kara Tointon is single and on the lookout for some good boyfriend material. Having attempted - and failed - to do the celebrity couple relationship, Kara is now keen to give a normal guy with an everyday job a try.

Speaking about her love-lorn past, which has seen her date the likes of ex-Busted singer James Bourne and then former co-star James Alexandrou, the 25-year-old said: Finding a man is a bit like shopping for clothes. 'If you go looking for something specific, you'll never find it. I've had relationships with people in the business and they haven't
worked out. So maybe it's time to go out with a guy who does something completely different. A normal job.'

And perhaps a man in her life is just what Kara needs to give her some relief from the gruelling scenes she has recently been filming for the BBC soap as unlucky Dawn Swann. Since her on-screen partner Jase Dyer was stabbed to death as part of a dramatic storyline, Kara says she has been left exhausted by filming the demanding scenes. She told the Daily Mirror: 'The last few months have been devastating. I'm worn out. Two months of solid crying takes its toll.'

But unlike her on-screen man-eating character, Kara says she is not impressed by cocky and arrogant fellows. Instead, she says, she'd prefer a man who exhibits a gentleman's touch. She added: 'I'm not good at meeting people when I'm out. My mum always asks me if any nice men have offered to buy me a drink. But blokes don't seem to do that anymore. The ones who do tend to be over-the-top and horribly confident and I prefer guys who are a little bit shy.'

----------------------------

I'm sure Mr Ordinary will feel great about not being anything special...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara Tointon: ‘Leaving EastEnders is like losing a family’
The actress, 25, on her tears at leaving the soap, wanting to be a baddie, and happiness with the king of the jungle
Lara Kilner
19/07/2009

Kara Tointon is about to sail off into the sunset. On the telly at least. Her character Dawn Swann has been axed from EastEnders after four years, and last week she finished filming her final scenes with on-screen beau Garry Hobbs. Pictures of the pair waving goodbye on a boat have been circulating, but we’re being kept guessing as to whether they’re off for a life of never-ending romantic bliss – if that is possible with our Garry. (Ew! We feel a bit queasy.) ‘We’re leaving it a bit, “Is it, isn’t it?” just to leave some suspense,’ is as much as we’re getting from Kara on this one.

And my, what a difference a week makes. Last week, Kara was still in front of the cameras in the Queen Vic, the caff and the Square, dressed in Stacey Slater’s market stall finest. This week, she’s in front of the cameras in the fanciest, blingest, most spectacular mansion we’ve ever seen, dressed in über-glam summer high fashion. She looks stunning, with her fabulous hair-do, perfect, tanned pins and pretty features. Her King Of The Jungle boyfriend (that’ll be Joe Swash rather than Tarzan, in case you were wondering) must still be pinching himself at landing such a gorgeous gal. Mind you, you get the impression she, too, is pinching herself. There’s lots of chat about her ex-co-star boyfriend throughout our day on the shoot, and a fair bit of texting, which brings us to the swift conclusion that they could be the sweetest couple ever.

Kara is a sunny, sweet and friendly person and, despite being axed from Albert Square, has plenty to smile about. And not just thanks to her lovely boyfriend. Who knows what the future will bring, but we’re convinced she’ll be swishing her way around the ballroom floor on Strictly in a few months (think of the evidence – they always have someone from ’Enders, usually a girl who has just left the show, who is pretty and will look nice in a spangly frock – check, check, check and check). Here, Kara talks life, love, leaving soap and what happens next…

ON LEAVING EASTENDERS…
Last year was non-existent for me on screen, so I’m ready to move on. Since having baby Summer two years ago, my character didn’t really do anything – I just ordered a sandwich every now and again.

I never expected to be there for as long as four years. I thought two, max, but they kept me on. It was so emotional filming my final scenes. Normally there are a hundred more scenes to do, you’re never really done, so I made myself block out the fact this was my last one. But Linda Henry (Shirley) and Cheryl Ferguson (Heather) were there and all of a sudden Linda started crying and it was like, ‘Don’t go’. So that set me off. I didn’t expect to get that upset.

They threw me and Ricky (Groves, who played Dawn’s squeeze Garry) a big party and did a montage of our years on the show. There’s a lot of sadness, because it’s like you’re leaving a family behind, but I hope I have friends for life. Tiana Benjamin (Chelsea) is one of my best friends and Charlie Clements (Bradley) is like the brother I never had. I know it’s cheesy to say, but it’s true.

There couldn’t be a worse time to have to leave my job. But I took it on and I knew when I came out of it it was going to be difficult. I’ve auditioned for years, that’s what you do, you spend your time waiting for the phone to ring.

Being typecast is my biggest worry. I find it hard to watch people who I’ve seen for so long in another role. But I want to do something completely different. I don’t understand when people leave a show like EastEnders and then go in to something else and play the same part. Why not stay there? I’d like to be a baddie. But just getting a job will do – if anyone will give me a job, I’ll do it!

I just lived EastEnders for four years, I stopped doing everything. I didn’t even go to the gym any more, so it’s nice to start doing that again. And I’ll probably get recognised a lot less now. I’ve never got used to it, I still get really fazed by it. The weird thing is when people take it seriously. I had an affair in the show and a woman came up to me in IKEA and said, ‘Leave that married man alone.’ I laughed. But she wasn’t joking. I was like, ‘I need to get out of here.’
cos kara tointon (pic sm)

Dress, £55, Topshop; sunglasses, £8, Asos.com; hat, £49, Hobbs; shoes, £65, Topshop

WHAT COMES NEXT...
Until you do that last day’s filming, you can’t really think about what comes next. I’m going to take a holiday. I’m a bit of a last-minute person, but my dream is to go to Australia. I’d love to do the big, long travellers thing. I’d like to think I could go backpacking, but in reality I’m not sure…

I keep reading I’m doing Strictly Come Dancing. But that goes against me because the producers like it to be a surprise. Every series I have been there practically every week in the audience, and of course I’d love to learn all those dance moves, but I don’t know if I’d be a good contestant or if I’m just a better viewer. It’s quite nerve-wracking, it’s a big thing to take on. I think every year they have a lot of people wanting to do it – they have people calling them. I’d like to think they’d have me. But who knows.

I would never do the jungle like Joe. Well, he won it and I’d never get anywhere near that. He has no regrets – he wants to go back in there. I was like, ‘You looked quite stressed in there, babe, I don’t think you remember the bad bits.’ When he came home he was making the rice, he loved it that much. But he had that worry – are you saying goodbye to your acting career? If everyone sees you as you, does it then ruin it when you get a new role? You need a bit of mystery, so I’ve tried not to get too much exposure as me.

ON JOE SWASH...
We don’t live together yet, but we’re very happy. He’s got his flat and I’ve got mine, and we’re enjoying lots of time together. I’m very lucky.

Everyone recognises Joe everywhere we go – he only has to open his mouth. I’m like, ‘Joe, you owe these people. They spent a lot of money voting for you when you were in the jungle.’

Joe is doing some unusual things since the jungle. He’s doing a documentary about the supernatural. He also went to LA to live with Pamela Anderson for a week. In our jobs we get so many great opportunities and I could not deny him that one. He had a fab time – obviously. But he can’t stop me from spending a week with Johnny Depp now.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KARA TOINTON GOES UNDIE COVER
Ex-'Ender lands a smalls part as she prepares to star in The Bill.
25/10/2009

CURVY Kara Tointon's career is really, er, taking off. The sexy actress's latest gig is modelling slinky underwear for Michelle for George at ASDA.

The ex-EastEnders babe was recently voted Britain's best-dressed soap star, but she looks pretty good undressed too. Kara, 26 - soon to appear in The Bill - said of the new undies range designed by Michelle Mone: "It is so sexy and elegant, and wearing gorgeous lingerie is an instant pick-me-up."

But fellas wanting to pick up Kara are out of luck. She's besotted with long-term boyfriend Joe Swash, winner of last year's I'm A Celebrity. Later this year they'll star in Snow White at Bristol Hippodrome theatre. But no-one will need a magic mirror to work out who's the fairest of them all.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Someone from EE is going to be on the Bill? Unheard of! Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad she is doing things. So many times people have left EE and just dissapeared off the face of things. Good for her!
HandoGod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth is she dating Joe Swash?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe's cute, but I think the weirdness comes in when you think about how much time they spent being brother and sister! Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It creeps me out as well Spurs. I know they were only acting but it's a bit weird!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger is better for Kara Tointon as she shows off new lingerie range for Asda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: