Galloway's opinion on the Beijing Olympics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comsatangel wrote:
I'm wondering if he offered an apology to the caller he lambasted last weekend for daring to suggest that the little girl singing at the opening ceremony was in fact miming? I seem to remember that he had quite a go at him.

I didn't listen in close detail, but I don't think anything was said about it at all...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a great thing as far as I'm concerned. The UK is little more than an economic federation and it's not as if we have a Europe-wide team along the lines of the USA or China, or even India for that matter.

The fact that Scotland is a separate team in the Commonwealth Games is either patronising or a recognition of the place as individual. Maybe the Queen needs to tell us what's what...

crazed
cobweb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The staggering ignorance/arrogance of an anglocentric hack showing through yet again in that report...."....Team GB will not include Scotland". By definition a Team GB must include Scotland, Wales and England so for any one of these to leave would mean that the remaining would have to form a new name/team.

There are numerous reasons for/against which could be gone into in another thread but I agree with the honourable gentleman's previous comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: