Trump Unable To Produce Certificate Proving He's Not A Festering Pile Of Shit

theonion.com

bang! agree
luke

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not heard any Republicans on any of the shows I listen to, take Trump seriously. They all think he is mouthing off for attention and entertainment purposes and that he's not in any way a serious candidate, nor do they want him as a candidate. Besides, Trump is more Libertarian in his views than Republican or Conservative. Trump is Liberal in some social issues. I personally think it's all for show to boost his own shows ratings. Although it's kind of fun to watch from afar, he is a hypocrite and has already been proven so. There are quite a few good potential candidates out there for 2012, and everyone puts the spotlight on this guy who isn't a serious candidate IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did we fake the moon landing?! haha
luke

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I personally think it's all for show to boost his own shows ratings.

if that was his plan, its backfired. i read an article the other day about the people who watch the apprentice are mostly democrat / liberal voters, and since trump started all this birther stuff his show has been loosing viewers - he lost 2 million in april

'National Media Inc., a firm that places political ads on television, the audience for "Celebrity Apprentice" is among the most liberal in primetime television'

but it could be just that trump isn't very good at the apprentice! i saw an american apprentice recently, and i didn't think much of it, i prefer the uk one
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that mostly democrat/liberals watch the apprentice. Haven't you heard the old saying that Bad press is still good press because you are still being talked about rather than not talked about at all? I think that is the case here. We'll see, but in any case, he'll not have enough backing to be nominated for a serious party. I don't even think the Libertarians would back him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luke

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I don't believe that mostly democrat/liberals watch the apprentice.

why do you disagree with the demographic research? you think they got it wrong? how so?

did you read the article?

pirtybirdy wrote:
Haven't you heard the old saying that Bad press is still good press because you are still being talked about rather than not talked about at all?

sure, but if his intention was to increase viewers, its not worked. like i said, he's lost 2 million viewers the past few weeks that he's been going on about obama and his birth certificate.

if you mean good press equals a decreased audience and decreased advertising interest/revenue, then yeah - winner wink

i hope he runs, trump with palin as vp - comedy gold Smile Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot whack this!
luke

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald Trump bows out of 2012 US presidential election race
US mogul formally announces he will not seek the Republican nomination, claiming he is 'not ready to leave the private sector'

Donald Trump. 'I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election', he said.

Faced with the choice of hosting The Apprentice or taking on Barack Obama in next year's election, Donald Trump opted to stick with his television programme.

The multimillionaire has formally announced he will not be joining the small band of candidates seeking the Republican nomination for the White House race.

Few US political commentators took his campaign seriously and many suggested he was only in it for the publicity.

In a statement, he said: "After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret, especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country."

Modesty is not a Trump characteristic and this is reflected in his statement. "I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and, ultimately, the general election."

He added: "I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognise that running for public office cannot be done half-heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."

The decision comes after the businessman was repeatedly trounced by Obama last month over the "birther" issue. Trump took doubts about Obama's birthplace from the fringes of American politics to the mainstream, but the president undercut him by publishing the long form of his birth certificate, proving he had been born in the US. Obama humiliated Trump a few days later with a series of jokes at his expense at the White House correspondents' dinner, with the businessman present.

In spite of Trump's claims about being frontrunner in the polls, one published on Monday by the Politico website and George Washington University showed 71% of those surveyed thought he had no chance of becoming president.

Trump went through the motions of being a Republican contender, making speeches in key early states such as New Hampshire, and for a short time seemed in tune with the public mood. But he offered little in the way of policies and senior Republicans viewed his candidacy, with its emphasis on issues such as Obama's birthplace, as an irritating distraction.

The field of declared Republicans so far is small and has failed to generate much excitement. Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas, who had a good run in 2008 in spite of a lack of funds, announced on Saturday that he would not be standing next year. Some Republicans see Obama as too tough a candidate and prefer to wait until 2016.

Sarah Palin, who would bring excitement to the race, has not yet said whether she will seek the Republican nomination. After a quiet few weeks, she re-ignited interest on Monday when she sent out a fundraising mail shot in South Carolina, one of the key states in the battle for the Republican nomination.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/16/donald-trump-us-presidential-race

lets hope palin runs Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so un-shocked by this move. Still very thankful it happened. As for Palin, please dear god no. I don't know if I can handle anymore of her.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Seth Meyers roasting of Trump at the Whitehouse Correspondents Dinner was even more biting than Obama's. With lines like, "I was surprised to hear that Donald Trump might be running for President as a Republican, because I thought he was running as a joke" and "Trump says he has good relationships with Blacks, but unless the Blacks are a white family, I think he's mistaken."

Trump isn't even in Ross Perot's category; Perot actually had successful businesses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: