EE: Ian post Steven
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: EE: Ian post Steven Reply with quote

Okay, I know not many people are fans of Ian. And he isn't always my favorite. But he's not as bad as people make him out to be. People make excuses for Grant, Sean, Dennis, etc but Ian has had a tough time of it as well.

He hasn't been handling all the stuff with Jane very well, however, he has to be given some slack and some credit. First, this is affecting him too. He was locked up for weeks, thought he was going to die and it was all down to his step-son who he had raised as his own. Then he thinks his wife is going to die and then after he tells her he is wanting to and ready to start a family with her, he gets the carpet pulled out from under him again. And before all this he was dealing with Lucy and her psycho boyfriend along with the mental torture of Steven making it look like Cindy was back from the dead.

Also, Ian hasn't had the greatest time of it growing up. He had an emotionally detached father, he was treated like the runt of the litter, his mother married a man he couldn't stand and who treated him like dirt, his mother was beaten by this man and as a result left, then she died. The women in his life have been far from supportive. Especially Cindy, who Ian took back many times and did try to do right by.

So now he's got all this with Jane and I honestly think Ian doesn't have a clue as to what to do. He feels guilty because of what happened and he's trying to figure out a way to keep Stephen out of their lives forever. And you can't tell me he isn't torn also because part of him still loves the kid. And when he does try with Jane he starts with the way most any guy would, with flowers and a card. Then he gets shut out.

I really feel for both Ian and Jane in this situation. They are both dealing with so much and neither of them really knows how to handle it. Jane said some very hurtful things to Ian about Grant and Ian is just helpless on how to help Jane.

Yet, somehow, no matter what, everyone just hates Ian again. Poor guy can never win Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that the reason they keep his character going is because he's the most unlucky bastard that anyone watching him will feel that their life's a lot better - there's probably some truth in that haha
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I read somewhere that the reason they keep his character going is because he's the most unlucky bastard that anyone watching him will feel that their life's a lot better - there's probably some truth in that haha

You know I would have to agree! As long as you're not Ian, you're doing good! Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus! LOL!! You both ought to get jobs as psychologists! LOL!! Both arguments hold true! LOL!! Excellent!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with pirty Smile

Hell, I'm not Ian's biggest fan, but even I'm ready to give the guy a break Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
I'll agree with pirty Smile

Hell, I'm not Ian's biggest fan, but even I'm ready to give the guy a break Laughing

Then my work here is done Laughing
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem, I'm resurrecting this thread because Ian is still a miserable bastard. He was a shit the night Denise proposed to buy his house, he smashed Steven's snow globe like a psycho and made Billy beg for a job he wasn't going to get back. Ian is still a bastard.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11antoniacourt wrote:
Ahem, I'm resurrecting this thread because Ian is still a miserable bastard. He was a shit the night Denise proposed to buy his house, he smashed Steven's snow globe like a psycho and made Billy beg for a job he wasn't going to get back. Ian is still a bastard.

Yep, I agree! After he told Billy he was fired, that smirky grin on his face was too much to bear. I just felt loathing for him. How Jane could want to be with him instead of Grant is beyond me!
thatcomedian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

I think Billy is the unlucky bastard character. I think Ian is the person that everyone knows who is somewhat successful and a bastard and you want them to fail but in real life it doesn't happen or we don't get to see it, but on Eastenders we get to see it.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO (based on being an old ender's fan who has missed a lot but been playing catch up).

The show needs Ian Beale...

He's become more of a "Fall Guy" for the show, ever since Nick Cotton first left, any & everything wrong in life has been shown via Ian.
It ads the often bitter sweet & sometimes just downright bad sides of life.

Outside of Dot, I don't see a sustainable regular in the show (as it stands now) that A: could carry such stories of woe, B: is so well established with the viewers that he can easily be forgiven for his actions no matter how bad with one of those "Awwwwwww" moments.

"Billy" seems to be taking the brunt of the square's hostilities in an obvious build up to one of those "Awwwwwww" moments involving Ian (see other parts of the forums about Xmas in the square, or read a tabloid).

In real life (Back in the day when I was on the set) Ian (Adam) was pretty much the same on & off the show, I only hope that his RL is dif' & that he no longer acts like Ian Beal whilst outside the BBC.
thatcomedian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:

In real life (Back in the day when I was on the set) Ian (Adam) was pretty much the same on & off the show, I only hope that his RL is dif' & that he no longer acts like Ian Beal whilst outside the BBC.

Dish the dirt food
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatcomedian wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

Dish the dirt food

Not too much to dish realy...

I worked on the set pre-1st episode (helped build the interior of the Vic & other stuff...), did a few odd jobs on set in the first year, mostly props & such...
Adam became good friends with a few people I knew in the industry who supplied vehicles to film & tv sets...
He ended up sharing a house with my m8 after a few years on set (Sparrow was one of the guys who supplied the cars etc).

We hung out every so often due to the circle/s of friends shared...
Often getting rat arsed at a local winebar in Borehamwood called "Woods" close to Elstree station...
Letisha Dean (spelling) & Susan Tulley (spelling again) were regulars at our drinking sesions....

As Adams role progressed, he became more like his onscreen persona, a lil' less reserved in what & how things were said, even the few cast members that were hanging out with us used to comment on it.
He got very 'cockey' when he started to ride around the area on a Jap' motorcycle & attempted to join a local bike club...
Not a great idea as we (members of the bike club) used only Brit bikes...

Despite all this (his progression into his onscreen persona) he still liked to have a good laugh, good drink etc...

I lost contact with him & that lot in the early part of the 90's whilst working for Hat Trick productions full time.

I was invited to a party with them whilst back in the UK (2005), but I was there for a Funeral & not up to going from a wake to a full on party...
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
thatcomedian wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:

Dish the dirt food

Not too much to dish realy...

I worked on the set pre-1st episode (helped build the interior of the Vic & other stuff...), did a few odd jobs on set in the first year, mostly props & such...
So interesting that you have the connection with the history of the show.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so Ian has officially gone off the deep end.....lost the plot. I just can't imagine what I would do if my dad picked some new girlfriend over me! I feel sorry for the whole clan. Ian because his fear of Phil and the weight of what he knows has literally blown his weak, spineless little mind, Lucy because she has Ian for a dad and because now she has to pick up the pieces and keep that family together and Bobby because his little life has been full of new moms and being told to watch telly. I wonder if this is entre for Jane to sweep back in and clean house. I miss Jane...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Jane as well. And man it was so sad to watch Ian and his psyche slowly unravel. Personally I can't stand Lucy. What a terrible girl she is but man, Ian doing that was shocking!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: