Great news for HIV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Great news for HIV Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping they don't price it so highly that it's of no use to the millions in Africa who are suffering.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking the same thing. And I also thought that it may take it forever to be used over here in the States with the FDA.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I've been thinking the same thing. And I also thought that it may take it forever to be used over here in the States with the FDA.

Canada will likely be slower than the FDA...... I feel for the people who need this because they don't have that kind of time. Having worked in medical jobs for over 20 years, I can say that I really do appreciate everything, including the cost that goes into making and testing these medications. I agree with both of you on the pricing of the meds and can only hope it will be affordable for those who need it the most.

Sometimes these medications are available for use on a compassionate basis well before actually being approved by the FDA, etc. My father is on a cardiac medication that is not available for sale in Canada yet (but is in the US) but the dr. was able to get it for him as he has no other medical alternatives at this time. Bonus there is that the gov't even pays for it.... wouldn't happen if it was approved for sale Smile
Ash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bet, it's going to be very expensive. And my economic reading tells me that this is going to be used (well abused) as a major economics tool in Africa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: