American Drug War - Sacred Cow Productions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: American Drug War - Sacred Cow Productions Reply with quote

The War on Drugs has become the longest and most costly war in American history, the question has become, how much more can the country ... endure? Inspired by the death of four family members from "legal drugs" Texas filmmaker Kevin Booth sets out to discover why the Drug War has become such a big failure. Three and a half years in the making the film follows gang members, former DEA agents, CIA officers, narcotics officers, judges, politicians, prisoners and celebrities. Most notably the film befriends Freeway Ricky Ross; the man many accuse for starting the Crack epidemic, who after being arrested discovered that his cocaine source had been working for the CIA.

AMERICAN DRUG WAR shows how money, power and greed have corrupted not just dope fiends but an entire government. More importantly, it shows what can be done about it. This is not some 'pro-drug' stoner film, but a collection of expert testimonials from the ground troops on the front lines of the drug war, the ones who are fighting it and the ones who are living it.

----------------

I'm sure some of you will be aware that Sacred Cow Productions released most of Bill Hicks' work, so as soon as I heard about this I was straight on it like track-marks on a junkie. This documentary immediately starts well and I'm guessing it will become very well known before long.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks faceless ... Any video which spotlights corruption in government is well worth publicizing
luke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find faceless, the guy who made it kevin booth, was a friend of bill's - i've a book by him called 'bill hicks - agent of evolution'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: