Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - USA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - USA Reply with quote

I just watched the first episode of Gordon Ramsay's US version of "Kitchen Nightmares" and found it incredibly enjoyable. The co-owner of the restaurant fancied himself as a guy straight out of "Goodfellas", "The Godfather" and "The Sopranos" all in one. There was even a street fight with a bill collector! Laughing

Very entertaining!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I was laughing at this as well Kezza.

It has a very different feel from the UK version. Especially remaking the kitchen for them! But that's FOX TV for you.

I did enjoy it and am looking forward to the next show.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the US version, but will probably check it out. Just love Gordon...
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would u beleave i had too bloody d/l it ...will watch later Very Happy
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was like Sopranos - Kitchen style! Laughing

Very different than the UK version (which I still prefer). They seemed to focus on the flashy stuff and a little less on the actual kitchen (but then there wasn't much of a kitchen to focus on, was there???? One frigging oven and burner????? C'mon!)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Gordon made it work! He is amazing...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched last night's episode and I loved it! I don't like Gordon Ramsey, but quite enjoyed this show. I'm looking forward to watching next weeks episode!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kitchen had me retching last night! It was terrible. But he really did help them a lot there.

And another make-over, Fox style.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely disgusting. Thing is, I bet a lot of NYC kitchens are disgusting like that. I stick to the few that I know are tasty and reputable and that's it. He really worked a miracle last night. I didn't think he'd get all the bugs and vermin out, get new food ordered, and renovate the whole place. That general manager was completely useless and he knew it. His days of getting a paycheck for doing nothing were over and he knew it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG.... totally gross kitchen! Made me cringe! I was glad to see that the GM quit --- there's no way he was earing a paycheque. And what was with that waitress stroking his head? "Oh it was just a totally natural thing to do."--- my ass, it was! I don't stroke my bosses hair, do you?
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Must say I prefer the brit version a lot more ..... the first week the guy was a tosser.....The second week the guy was a fool .....I prefer the brit version cos it goes more into putting the food right ...... FOX sucks .......Very Happy
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
I Must say I prefer the brit version a lot more ..... the first week the guy was a tosser.....The second week the guy was a fool .....I prefer the brit version cos it goes more into putting the food right ...... FOX sucks .......Very Happy

I would totally agree with you on the UK version being better, Aja. In fact my husband and I were saying the same thing last night after watching oneof the UK episodes on BBC-Canada. It's more about what he does to help the owners/chefs turn the place around rather than coming in with a lot of money and just "fixing it" --- I dislike that about Fox programming a lot. But it's still interesting to watch.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Aja wrote:

I would totally agree with you on the UK version being better, Aja. In fact my husband and I were saying the same thing last night after watching oneof the UK episodes on BBC-Canada. It's more about what he does to help the owners/chefs turn the place around rather than coming in with a lot of money and just "fixing it" --- I dislike that about Fox programming a lot. But it's still interesting to watch.

I'm with you 100% They're not really showing him fixing the restaurant but fixing it up. I am sure all the same stuff takes place but with the magic of editing we don't see it.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, whether money is thrown at the problem or not, I was entertained by it, which is what the real point is, isn't it? Although, I don't know how the show is doing in the ratings. I've not seen it since though, as I can't remember what day it comes on, and I'm not that bothered to search it out on a tv guide...LOL!! Anyway, whether he comes or goes, makes no difference to me. I've got my own kitchen nightmares......:-)
radiomanpj

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump but after having watched this program for the last few weeks all I can think of is how much money are they bribing the heath inspectors to look the other way. All that filth and spoiled food should never have been overlooked.

Yuch!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: