Celebrity Big Brother axed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Celebrity Big Brother axed Reply with quote

CHANNEL 4 have sensationally suspended the next series of Celebrity Big Brother.

The last series was overshadowed by the race row about the treatment of Bollywood beauty Shilpa Shetty by Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O’Meara

Channel 4 said the decision is part of a “creative renewal” scheme.

The broadcaster claimed the move is part of a policy to clear almost all returning series from the heart of its peak time schedule in the first half of 2008 as it strives for new and adventurous programming.

This year’s non-celebrity Big Brother has failed to make the usual headlines – though the ratings have stayed strong.

It is expected that Celebrity Big Brother will return in 2009.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a surprise for sure - I thought it was always better and more fun than the main show. But they're probably right to give things a rest as this summer's show really has shown it to be lacking in new ideas.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
that is a surprise for sure - I thought it was always better and more fun than the main show. But they're probably right to give things a rest as this summer's show really has shown it to be lacking in new ideas.

I agree with faceless -- Celeb BB was always so much more enjoyable (and painful at times) to watch. But I'm glad to hear they'll bring it back in 2009.
GingerTruck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god channel4 has scraped this crap
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I feel about that.... I've only ever watched the one series, last years CBB which had a lot of controversy. Never really got into the regular Big Brother. I suppose if they start it again next year, I might give it a go. I often wonder though how they choose the celebrities for these things.
luke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its a shame, i've been waiting for another vanessa moment since the first one Smile

apparently they asked david icke once! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celebs to hijack BB
08/10/2007

Celebrity Big Brother will be replaced by a new version where famous people control housemates, it emerged last night. Stars will set tasks and talk to contestants in the diary room in the show, a spin-off from the original hosted by Davina McCall.

A Channel 4 source said: "Different celebrities will be invited in for a day to take control of the show. Lots of stars like BB but can't commit because it lasts so long. This way they can be in it for a day. We're hoping some big names will commit to it."

Big Brother's Celebrity Hijack is scheduled to start in January and will be screened only on E4.

------------------

I'm not sure if this is just tabloid nonsense, but I'd be surprised if C4 didn't do something like this to fill that gap.
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. I wonder if the celebs will be bigger names than the ones they usually get for CBB.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my fingers crossed for the "Return of Adam Ant", myself! Well, I'm sure Pete Burns will step in to give the housemates a run for their money!
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Celebrity Big Brother will be replaced by a new version where famous people control housemates, it emerged last night.

Sounds like the Sims with real life characters. This might be amusing -- when I used to play, my characters often dropped from exhaustion where they stood, sometimes on the bathroom floor. That's entertainment.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: