Free the Jena 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Free the Jena 6 Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story Aja, but reading this comment that was left seems to make it much clearer...

Quote:
I'm sorry, I have to say this...What the media is failing to let every one know is a couple of days before the black kids beat up the white kid, 4 white kids beat up a black kid and NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT EVEN THOUGH COPS WERE CALLED...The white kid whom the black kids beat up HAD A GUN AND IT WAS TAKEN FORM HIM...THE WHITE KID ALSO WENT TO A PARTY TWO HOURS AFTER THE FIGHT....If you are going to tell it, tell the whole truth. The District attonrney told the black kids who were protesting under the "white only tree" (which is what the students called it) that he can make all their lives disappear with the stroke of a pen. This is what this protest is all about. INJUSTICE! This is why we are divided as a race because the whole truth is never told. It was said that a black kid asked the pricipal if it was ok to sit under the tree...Why ask? The Principal should have stopped and addressed the situation then. THE TRUTH SHOULD BE TOLD!
Posted by:
Jaxon221 12:23 PM
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Interesting story Aja, but reading this comment that was left seems to make it much clearer...

Quote:
I'm sorry, I have to say this...What the media is failing to let every one know is a couple of days before the black kids beat up the white kid, 4 white kids beat up a black kid and NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT EVEN THOUGH COPS WERE CALLED...The white kid whom the black kids beat up HAD A GUN AND IT WAS TAKEN FORM HIM...THE WHITE KID ALSO WENT TO A PARTY TWO HOURS AFTER THE FIGHT....If you are going to tell it, tell the whole truth. The District attonrney told the black kids who were protesting under the "white only tree" (which is what the students called it) that he can make all their lives disappear with the stroke of a pen. This is what this protest is all about. INJUSTICE! This is why we are divided as a race because the whole truth is never told. It was said that a black kid asked the pricipal if it was ok to sit under the tree...Why ask? The Principal should have stopped and addressed the situation then. THE TRUTH SHOULD BE TOLD!
Posted by:
Jaxon221 12:23 PM

Exactly Sad
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I do not miss about living in the US is this kind of bizarr racist crap, right and wrong seem to be lost in either a P.C. or racist atmosphere, the colour of the victims or perpitrators skin seems to be the most important factor, not the facts of the case just how it should be dealt with so as not to upset anybody. The USA can not get over its apartheid past and everything seems to revolve around the persons colour rather than guilt or innocence
Ash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember BBC aired a docu about this incident few months ago under 'This World' series. It might still be available of This World's website. I'm really sad that this is getting worse, which was predicted (The rotten Attorney wanted to give the kids a lesson...) in that docu.

Sad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture of the guy who was the victim of 'attempted murder' by 6 people.

I've done myself more damage after a few pints!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/20/jena-update-crowds-activism-and-outrage/?hp
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to fix that link aja, it was making the page popout... it's best to check embedded pages like that on the preview page, if it pops out, just click back and edit it.

As far as the article is concerned, it's like something from the 1950s... 'this is the WHITE tree' ffs
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I had to fix that link aja, it was making the page popout... it's best to check embedded pages like that on the preview page, if it pops out, just click back and edit it.

As far as the article is concerned, it's like something from the 1950s... 'this is the WHITE tree' ffs

sorry about that I was trying to Fix it ......and Yes .....it is like something from the 50s

but alas its now ........ I was amazed when I first arrived in this country in 94 at the Racism ......it still amazes me to this day Sad
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

Here's a picture of the guy who was the victim of 'attempted murder' by 6 people.

I've done myself more damage after a few pints!

lol have to admit so Did I back in My erm younger eastend days ouch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: