EE - Spoiler Alert - Bye Bye Queen Vic???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: EE - Spoiler Alert - Bye Bye Queen Vic??? Reply with quote

When they rebuild it--- which I'm assuming they will--- I hope they keep the same style/feel of the pub rather than change it to some nightclub or "theme" place. It just wouldn't be the same without the Queen Vic being a neighbour hood place.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fear is the same as yours eefan. I'm not sure if I am looking forward to this.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is SO WRONG!!! I just hope that the writers rethink this....this is bad.
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it'll keep it's heritage but with a Roxie twist on things! I hope it doesn't become anything horrible.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's that then.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat and Alfie 'to run Queen Vic'
(UKPA) – 1 day ago

Kat and Alfie Moon are to regain control of the Queen Vic in EastEnders. The Albert Square pub will be destroyed in a fire later this year, but the popular couple will reportedly set about saving its smouldering ruins on their return to the show.

A source told the Mirror: "People know Peggy is leaving and now they know about the blaze but what they don't know is it coincides with Alfie and Kat coming back. He used to be the landlord and will get back control of the boozer, albeit in a terrible state, after the blaze."

There are rumours the boozer will be burned deliberately by a well-known character, but it is not yet known how the pub will be rebuilt. The source said: "Alfie has big plans and wants to bring the Queen Vic back in all its glory so it will be busier than ever and make a fortune. That could mean it goes upmarket, selling more wine and posh food. Or he could try to make it more of a traditional boozer but without the dodgy carpet and tired furniture."

The couple, played by Jessie Wallace and Shane Richie, were last seen on Christmas Day 2005, when they set off to drive across America in a Ford Capri.

---------------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessie Wallace and Shane Richie arrive on EastEnders set to prepare for return of Kat and Alfie
By Emily Sheridan
14th July 2010

After four and a half years away from Albert Square, Jessie Wallace and Shane Richie were spotted back on the set of EastEnders yesterday. Following a long absence, in which their characters Kat and Alfie Moon left Walford to drive across America, the actors will return to TV screens in September. Wallace, 38, was spotted picking up some lunch as she returned to Elstree Studios yesterday, while her on-screen husband Richie was seen driving in.

As husband and wife Alfie and Kat, the couple are expected to return to Albert Square to take over the resurrected Queen Victoria pub after it is burned to the ground.

Wallace and Richie left the show together on Christmas Day 2005 when their characters were seen leaving Walford to drive across America. And after Kat's grandmother Mo (Laila Morse) and father Charlie (Derek Martin) received a postcard from the couple in Las Vegas in an episode last year, it must be a pretty long drive.

When it was announced in February she would be returning to the soap, Wallace said: 'I’ve really enjoyed playing different roles over the last few years, but am excited to slip back into Kat Slater’s stilettos. I’ve missed her. More than anything I'm looking forward to getting my face covered in Kat's lipstick again!.' Richie, 46, added: 'I'm very much looking forward to returning to EastEnders to find out what Alfie has been up to and what the future has in store for him.

Wallace joined the cast of EastEnders in September 2000 as one of the feisty Slater family, while Richie followed two years later. Quickly proving a hit with viewers, she was involved in big storylines, including telling her 'sister' Zoe (Michelle Ryan) that she was actually her mother when she revealed she had been raped as a teenager by her uncle Harry. After nearly marrying gangster Andy Hunter in 2003, she finally married her true love Alfie on Christmas Day that year in the Queen Vic pub. Kat briefly left Walford after her marriage to Alfie broke down and upon her return in May 2005, it emerged she had been serving time in prison for prostitution.

In recent years, Wallace has starred in ITV African drama Wild At Heart, BBC biopic Miss Marie Lloyd - Queen Of The Musical Hall and more recently released a fitness DVD entitled Look At Me Now.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat looks very orange to me... maybe it's just the lighting in the picture.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these two episodes were the only ones in which I've ever thought that she could act well. It was well done.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were well done, as well, face. I liked the voices from the past when she was walking through the burnt pub.

I wonder what will happen to the bust of Queen Vic??? Maybe in the museum with Johnny's pink jumper Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was impressed as well. I thought it was all well done. Although I did have to turn the volume on the television down with the yelling!

I was wondering the same thing about the bust. Makes me a bit fearful that maybe they are going to rename the pub!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a good laugh at this.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love It Sky ..... I love those two ...

oh and

I could not bear to watch Phil being a crack head .....He just did my head in !!!!!
That was more like a Smackhaed after many years of shooting up !!!

ps how do you spell bear ? is it BEAR Or BARE lol i just had an old womens moment
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for Kat and Alfie!! Hopefully they can put the Vic back together. It was a sad, chaotic episode. I found myself clenching my teeth.

@ Aja - For the way you used it, you spelled it right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: