Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I have seen those york mints for sure. Haven't had a chance to look for the whitman's ones.

Yesterday I wasn't as good as I have been. But in my defense, we went out for our anniversary meal early and I skipped dessert!
I had an orange, 10 raspberries, oatmeal, hard boiled egg, yogurt, sauerkraut, bratwurst on a bun, mash, tuna salad w/italian dressing (about a tablespoon), fun size snickers (nothing fun about it! it was gone in one gulp ppphhht!) and the last tiny slice of apple cake.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Personally, I love these York Mints, and there's no artificial sweetners.... you can eat the whole tin if you want and still haven't really blown it.

Is there any chocolate invovled in these mints? Chocolate is a must....
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen the chocolate covered .... ok I brain farted ... what the hell are the names of the "curiously strong mints" ??? anyway - whatever the name is they make choco covered cinnamin AND Ginger mints!

I am not an expert on diet or anything ... I don't need to lose weight I just need to get in shape. I try to eat healthy is about it but here's my 2 cents ...
What about adding protein to these menus? I have heard that is vital for fat loss (not weight loss since muscles weighs more than fat). I know a spoonful of peanut butter helps me through the cravings. I absolutely LOVE peanut butter and cottage cheese!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
have you seen the chocolate covered .... ok I brain farted ... what the hell are the names of the "curiously strong mints" ??? anyway - whatever the name is they make choco covered cinnamin AND Ginger mints!

I am not an expert on diet or anything ... I don't need to lose weight I just need to get in shape. I try to eat healthy is about it but here's my 2 cents ...
What about adding protein to these menus? I have heard that is vital for fat loss (not weight loss since muscles weighs more than fat). I know a spoonful of peanut butter helps me through the cravings. I absolutely LOVE peanut butter and cottage cheese!

Altoids.

I try to get as much protein as possible. I love cottage cheese and peanut butter as well. And I love my yogurt and hard cheeses. So I wouldn't make it otherwise.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Personally, I love these York Mints, and there's no artificial sweetners.... you can eat the whole tin if you want and still haven't really blown it.

Yes - but not much. Basically it tastes like a mini-peppermint patty with a hard candy shell.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
eefanincan wrote:

Yes - but not much. Basically it tastes like a mini-peppermint patty with a hard candy shell.

I may have to retain this as back up information...for when the WW mints are gone!! Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update - I have lost 42lbs, gone down 2 sizes in jeans and I feel GREAT!! It is amazing how much more energy I have and how much better I feel. I even lost 1.8 lbs over Thanksgiving.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's very impressive spurs - well done!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Spurs. I am so happy for you!
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - well done. Spurs! How did you manage it? I'm having trouble just trying to lose 20lbs.

Embarassed
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Wow - well done. Spurs! How did you manage it? I'm having trouble just trying to lose 20lbs.

Embarassed

Not to be a smart arse, but I followed the "eat less, move more" philosphy. I am using the Weight Watchers food plan, but I don't attend meetings, I do it all online. I must say that I have done all of that before with out any real results. The thing that really has done it for me is the exercise. I hired a trainer and I have to say she has probably added 10 or so years to my life. I know that not everyone can do that, but I figure I either spend it now on a trainer or it gets spent later for doctor bills or worse. In addition to the once a week workouts with my trainer, I either walk, or do my exercise dvds (Tai Bo and Pilates) and I have even started jogging!! I am what they (those "they" people) consider morbidly obese. I still have about 90lbs to lose, but I am well on my way. This is the most I have ever lost and am still very much into it. Normally by now, I would have lost interest. The other big thing is water, water, WATER! Now, I hate water, but I have forced myself to drink it and it really works wonders. The only downside is that I know every toilet within a 20 mile radius of my house! I think it is finally habit now to eat healthily. I don't subscribe to the "don't ever eat such and such a food again" theory, in fact I had a cheeseburger and fries for dinner tonight. but I know I will have to work out extra hard today and tomorrow to work it off. I love having a brand new wardrobe in my closet...all that stuff that didn't fit before!!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think it's so great you've done this Spurs.
I'm finally back at the gym. Clocked in a total of three hours today. Not all in a row but still got them in.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I will post a before and after when I am done next year.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a good bit of weight when I was about 21 (maybe 70 pounds) and I know how good that felt, so if you're still happy with how things are going then you're almost definite to get all you need off.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Thanks! I will post a before and after when I am done next year.

Can't wait to see it lady! thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: