Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
luke wrote:
maybe you could try soup or fruit smoothies skylace, they keep you full for longer than normal food apparently - plus they're healthy Smile

I love soup and do that quite a bit. As for the fruit smoothies, I can't. I love fruit but the texture of fruit smoothies makes me gag. So I just stick to eating it the way nature intended.

I have some food aversions like that too, Sky --- and they usually have to do with texture as well. For example, I don't like any kind of melons or bananas because of their textures. Also, I don't think I could eat a steak without gagging --- nothing to do with the taste (I like beef), just the thought of "hunks" of meat drives me nuts. I also can't stand Jell-O with anything in it, like fruit--- it should be smooth. None of these make sense to me, they're just totally weird, but, some would argue I am too Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article I read today on weight loss and hypertension. You don't need to lose a lot of weight to see an improvement in blood pressure, so this can be a real incentive for those who need to lose weight for health benefits, as you can see results fairly quickly in your health. Even if you don't have hypertension, reducing weight would certainly be helping to reduce a risk factor.

SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess that I gained .8 of a pound this week. I think I did too much food tasting at Marcella's wine tasting on Saturday night! I should have just stuck to the wine...maybe the G&T's had something to do with it too!
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh I've been bad. The few pounds I lost I've put back on - too much wine drinking in recent weeks. Right, that's it! Got to instigate the willpower again.

We went walking tonight - pretty fast pace, as we're in training for a charity walk on Saturday. Now the weather's cooling we can get outside again. Tennis, here I come!!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, today it was a pair of khaki's that fit! Love this!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if this gets on your guys nerves let me know. I was going to post what I have for the day food wise to be kept in check by others and to receive encouragement. However, if you guys don't like the idea, I'll not do it Very Happy

Breakfast:
8 oz Orange Juice
One yogurt
A bowl of oatmeal

Lunch:
Table spoon of cottage cheese
String cheese
Handful of baby carrots

Snacks:
Two granola bars

Dinner:
One small skillet steak with onion and garlic
One potato dumpling
Three table spoons of green beans
A table spoon of brown gravy

Dessert:
A small slice of apple pecan cake w/black coffee

All I drank today (besides what is listed) is water. Probably about four bottles. I also did a 15 minute workout and spent an hour at the park with Mocha playing and training.

I also don't feel very hungry and am surprised!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've had a lot of protein today, so I'm guessing that's why you don't feel hungry Smile Good job!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I try to stick with high protein since I have problems with my albumin levels. And of course, I love steak and potatoes!
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Sky! That looks like a fairly healthy day in my book.

When I had some sessions with a trainer he told me to record what I eat every day - makes you realise what you're actually eating and can help you see where you need to cut down or alter what you eat.

I'm pretty good in the first part of the day...usually wholegrain cereal with a small banana and 1% milk, and a small glass of OJ. Then lunch can be sketchy depending whether I have leftovers to eat or not. Today was leftover roast lamb with gravy on a sandwich. Usually I try for a ham, cheese or chicken sandwich or a light soup, with some fruit or baby carrots as my snack.

But, I think my real problem comes in the evening, since I always tend to cook when hubby comes home...and I was brought up to serve meat, potatoes & two veg. Lately though I've been substituting chicken and turkey for beef, especially when I make spag bol or chilli, and of course wholewheat pasta and brown rice for potatoes. Sometimes I'll just do a variation of chicken soup.

My good news is I'm not big on desserts and sweet stuff so vary rarely have pie/cake/etc.

My downfall is wine...which I haven't had any of for 3 days. Hopefully this will help me see some weight loss next week. wink

I was so tempted to put loads of the food smilies in!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes those food smilies make me hungry as well!

My downfall is ice cream, so I keep it out of the house as much as possible. Evenings are tougher for me as well as I'm cooking for the family. So I am doing my best to feed them healthy as well. They'll thank me for it shifty
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have real challenges with supper as well. I work until 6pm so am usually quite hungry by the time I get home. Quite often my husband won't get home until 8:30 or so, so it's too late for dinner and I end up cooking for one. More often than not, it's usually toast or something easy, but there's not too much incentive to cook for one. I love the weekends when we're both off and can do a proper meal with meat and veg.

Right now I'm supposd to eat a lot of red meat as I'm quite anemic, but I am NOT a big meat eater. Steak kind of turns me off.... but I could eat beef in very small pieces. Anyone got any ideas???? Iron supplements are turning me off almost all food so that's a huge challenge as well.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you have beef broth?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Can you have beef broth?

Yes, I think I could actually keep that down, but to the best of my knowledge there's no iron in it. The problem with me is that a lot of the iron rich foods I could eat, bother my migraines.

Being anemic though, I am learning lots of interesting things about food combinations. For example, the iron in food is absorbed much better if taken with some form of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). So I am making sure to take my iron pill with a Vitamin C tablet. Also, iron rich foods shouldn't be eaten within 2 hrs of a dairy food as it impairs absorption... so all that iron-fortified breakfast cereal is basically not as good as it seems since the milk you eat it with is blocking most of it's effect.

Since I can't handle steak, the only real bit of red meat I can tolerate seems to be hamburger...... I've had about 5 hamburgers in the last two weeks Laughing Thank goodness my cholesterol is good Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of burger! Laughing
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just popping in ... green leafy veggies are usually high in iron ... you just gotta eat the Popeye diet.

Anyhoo ... I just wanted to let you all know that Spurs is doing great! I MUST vouch for her! I am so proud of her determination this time! Ask her about the hell that is the personal trainer I introduced her to! Evidently you can do a lot of damage with paper plates!

You go people!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: