Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, me too. It hasn't been hard getting the eating back on track, but is is harder to get back to moving around...especially since the Twilight book series has completely sucked me in and it did nothing but rain all last week. Perfect reading weather...It is getting easier...I went to Yoga this morning and have my bags packed for working out tomorrow after I get my car oil changed. Thanks, Sky. I finally like haveing my picture taken!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP!!! I've had such a hard time getting myself back on my workout schedule since I got back from NM. I am not sure if it's just laziness, the weather or what but I feel pretty tired since I have been back but it has been over a week! ACK! I need to get my butt in gear. I NEED MOTIVATION!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now in the same boat as you were in July Sky! Sorry I didn't see your post...is anyone else out there lost motivation? We are heading into a very challenging time of year (Halloween, Thanksgiving (in the US), Christmas, Boxing Day plus I have two birthdays in that time frame) so now is the time to pull up our big (but getting smaller) girl panties, sew our lips together and get to the gym! Anyone with me?
Colston

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a Weight Loss challenge with Herbalife... was 150 kilos earlier this year... now 140 kilos .

I am eating well and exercising during the week when I have things to do but crashing and munching out at weekends slowing my progress.

My goal is another 40 kilos so I'm a fifth of the way there. Seems like an endless process sometimes but am feeling positive at the moment.

Having protein with every meal and eating five times per day and cutting out bread and potatoes and white pasta/rice from here on in. Breakfast is oat fruit protein soya milk shake, snack protein bar, lunch brown rice and fish, onion and olives, afternoon, nut seed dried fruit snack, dinner protein and two veg various

Tending to do okay but have huge afternoon snack and weekends all over place...

Exercise try five times a week... free weights and then cardio of about an hour... hitting about 2/3 times
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get myself motivated again. Thank goodness. Went for a nice run today as a matter of fact, took the dogs for a walk and still need to do a bit of ab work and weights Smile It is tough this time of year for sure!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is munching at night. I snack a lot...I try not to, but...I am going to have to work something out for that. I have been good so far tonight , but it is only 10pm, so I have awhile before bed. I am also planning on the gym in the morning, cardio tomorrow, cardio/yoga Wed, strength training on Thursday and cardio/yoga on Friday. That's the plan right now...We'll see!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am back to having a trainer. It just didn't accomplish much trying to do it on my own. I am no further behind, but I am no further ahead either...so I have hired a trainer from my gym. She's tough but good and I will be working with her twice a week. I split the session with another woman, so it is half the price, which is cool. It feels good....I can't move, but it feels good!
Colston

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston wrote:
I'm doing a Weight Loss challenge with Herbalife... was 150 kilos earlier this year... now 140 kilos .

I am eating well and exercising during the week when I have things to do but crashing and munching out at weekends slowing my progress.

My goal is another 40 kilos so I'm a fifth of the way there. Seems like an endless process sometimes but am feeling positive at the moment.

Having protein with every meal and eating five times per day and cutting out bread and potatoes and white pasta/rice from here on in. Breakfast is oat fruit protein soya milk shake, snack protein bar, lunch brown rice and fish, onion and olives, afternoon, nut seed dried fruit snack, dinner protein and two veg various

Tending to do okay but have huge afternoon snack and weekends all over place...

Exercise try five times a week... free weights and then cardio of about an hour... hitting about 2/3 times

Had a very poor last quarter of the year... back up to 145 kilos.

Starting the Herbalife thing again on January 11th.

I think I might journal it to help me keep going.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then end of the year is hard...holidays and such. You want to eat healthy but you have to live too. I learned not to be too hard on myself when I made poor choices and go on. December has been a wash....no gain, but no loss either so in January I hit the Weight Watchers hard and things will go well. Journaling is good. It is a big part of WW. You lose track of what you eat if you don't write it down...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston, you might want to look at local volunteer groups who do things like clean up rivers, nature areas etc. It's great (varied) exercise and satisfying too.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome idea, Face. I think I may look into that as well. I already do some volunteer work, but it is all sitting down.
Colston

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Colston, you might want to look at local volunteer groups who do things like clean up rivers, nature areas etc. It's great (varied) exercise and satisfying too.

That's a good shout... I have Thursdays free... have volunteered at local tenant's centre but haven't heard anything back.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty proud of myself...I only gained 5 lbs over the holiday. It is back to it today though. I spend the morning taking down holiday decorations at the local museum where I volunteer. That was a lot of up and down and stair climbing...didn't really get my heart rate up , but I wasn't just couching and fondling the remote either!
Colston

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
I am pretty proud of myself...I only gained 5 lbs over the holiday. It is back to it today though. I spend the morning taking down holiday decorations at the local museum where I volunteer. That was a lot of up and down and stair climbing...didn't really get my heart rate up , but I wasn't just couching and fondling the remote either!

I made the gym yesterday (and will do again today) and did 45 minutes cardio and some strength training.

Am 23 stone or 322.5 lbs. Aim to lose eight stone this year.

Starting Fat Fighters next week.

Have started my blog and am preparing a Justgiving page so I can get sponsored as an extra incentive.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great start Colston! Keep it up. Having the motivation is one of the hardest parts of getting there and since you have that, you're already getting yourself there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: