Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
My danger areas are chocolate, carbs and I don't move alot...well let me rephrase, I used to not move alot. I work out a couple times a week, walk (most of the time with my laptop and all of my books in a book bag. I thought my laptop was really light until I started slinging it over my shoulder every day!) I am learning to control all of that and have made great strides in my water intake (I HATE water).

I hate it too Spurs.... but I need to get back into it for sure. Here's a product I saw when I was in the States a couple of weeks ago...it might help make water a little more palatable and it looks like it would be handy to toss in a purse or school bag so you'd have some wherever you are:

True Lemon

PS--- Way to go on the wardrobe! Yea you!!! no1

Chrystal Light has little flavor packets too, so that coupled with the fact that I can count a couple of caffine free diet pepsi's a day as water are getting me thru.

Thanks for the kudos...it is actually starting to get fun!
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
This just in! 2 days in a row I tried on shirts that haven't fit in a while and now they do!! It's like having a whole new wardrobe with out spending the money! I don't often say this, but....YEA ME!

thumbs

I'm looking forward to that day - I have a few items that I would love to get into. dancer
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily a mile stone but I noticed yesterday I can actually jog a good distance without getting winded!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to lose some weight - I reckon I'm carrying about 2stone (28lbs) too much. Being tall it's not really noticable when I stand up, but sat down I've a belly now and I want rid of it.

I do cycle a fair bit (maybe 30-40 miles a week) but that only really helps with legs and shoulders, so I need to sort something else out.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Not necessarily a mile stone but I noticed yesterday I can actually jog a good distance without getting winded!

It is a milestone! Keep building on that and you will see lots more milestones or if not in the UK, milepounds!! Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I need to lose some weight - I reckon I'm carrying about 2stone (28lbs) too much. Being tall it's not really noticable when I stand up, but sat down I've a belly now and I want rid of it.

I do cycle a fair bit (maybe 30-40 miles a week) but that only really helps with legs and shoulders, so I need to sort something else out.

You know what that means, Face.....crunches, crunches, crunches!!! Gotta love 'em!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

With that amount of cardio and working large muscle groups, I would think that you should probably focus more on something like pilates.... that would likely work your core muscles and flatten your belly. That would likely get you the results that you want.
Twirley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
faceless wrote:

You know what that means, Face.....crunches, crunches, crunches!!! Gotta love 'em!
\

.....and less of this >>>>> cheers1

laugh
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:
faceless wrote:

\

.....and less of this >>>>> cheers1

laugh

C'mon..... a guys gotta have his beer! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just got owned. haha
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still overweight and I still have done nothing .....Just wanted to check In Sad
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
I am still overweight and I still have done nothing .....Just wanted to check In Sad

I've been the same way Aja. Sorry to say. But I am planning on doing something about it today.
I am going to try the smaller, multiple meals throughout the day. My biggest problem seems to be I enjoy snacking. So if I can have 5-6 six 200 calorie or less meals throughout the day that should keep the hunger away and keep the calories lower.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you could try soup or fruit smoothies skylace, they keep you full for longer than normal food apparently - plus they're healthy Smile
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
maybe you could try soup or fruit smoothies skylace, they keep you full for longer than normal food apparently - plus they're healthy Smile

I love soup and do that quite a bit. As for the fruit smoothies, I can't. I love fruit but the texture of fruit smoothies makes me gag. So I just stick to eating it the way nature intended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: