Singing the Praises of Weight Watchers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Singing the Praises of Weight Watchers Reply with quote

This is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I LOVE sliced bread! I have been using Weight Watchers online since May 7 and to date have lost 29 lbs. I even lost weight on vacation (3.5 lbs). It is a great program that helps you learn to make the right food choices in any situation..parties, going out for dinner, drinks. It doesn't just supply you with the food morning, noon and night and then when you have lost the weight and try to rejoin the real eating world, you don't know what to do. And we have a Duchess to boot!

I recommend this program (either online or attending meetings) to anyone who needs to lose weight, no matter the amount. It works for large amounts and small amounts. It teaches you the value of food and how to eat properly. LOVE IT!

Maybe WW should pay me for this...(lol)
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Spurs! That's a fabulous success story! They really do teach you healthy eating habits and how to make proper food choices which is what it's really all about. I have concerns about programs that supply all the pre-made foods/supplements--- I don't think it allows to person to learn the process of making good choices.... let's face it, there are going to be times when you are in situations where pre-made meals aren't available. And I think the other important piece is that when an individual makes a good choice then sees that their choices led to weight loss it's great positive reinforcement.

So well done for you spurs! And to lose on vacation is an extra good thing Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good amount of weight to lose in only 3 months, well done. And if you're happy with the diet you're on now then you'll probably manage to stay that way.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Spurs! I had a friend who did weight watchers and lost over 100 pounds!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have quite a bit to lose as well and thought this the only sensible way to do it. I feel really good (not currently as I have a cold that I managed to spread to all the kids - Sorry Marcella!!), but weight wise I feel great, I can do alot more and I have a trainer that I work with so I am getting professional help there too. I am determined this time!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go girl! I have some left to go and once I am done with the second 2.5 day drive I will be back to working out. I always feel better when I do that as well.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to retract some of my love. When I first started WW this time, I found that WW had started a line of candies that are 1 pt a piece. One candy is a mint similar to a Junior Mint or a York Peppermint Patty. THey are awesome and really hit the spot, especially at the movies, where I would normally eat Junior Mints. Well, I came back from Europe and I can't find them anywhere anymore! I even looked online with Weight Watchers and eBay, but to no avail. It is almost like they didn't exist! I sent WW an email and will let you know what they say. Russell Stover makes a sugar free equivilent, but they are 1.5 points a piece and not as good.
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I'm dying to try Weight Watchers and reading your post made me think I should stop putting it off. i just can't decide to do it in person or online. There's a lot of benefits to the going online option and i'm leaning that way.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11antoniacourt wrote:
Congratulations! I'm dying to try Weight Watchers and reading your post made me think I should stop putting it off. i just can't decide to do it in person or online. There's a lot of benefits to the going online option and i'm leaning that way.

I have done the in person several times with only moderate success. The online option, for me, has been amazing. I always found the leaders to be too much like cheerleaders to take seriously and I never liked being chained to that one day or meeting a week. With my fluctuating school schedule, the online option seemed like a really good one. It also makes me rely on myself for my motivation, which I have found invaluable. This means that I have to dig up the motivation and will not to eat what I know I shouldn't and not rely on someone else to pump me up on a Saturaday morning only to have that motivation fly out of the window as I am driving home, past McDonalds and thinking "well, I don't have to weigh in for another week..."

Even with the mint fiasco, I can only say glowing things about the program and how good I feel!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:

I have done the in person several times with only moderate success. The online option, for me, has been amazing. I always found the leaders to be too much like cheerleaders to take seriously and I never liked being chained to that one day or meeting a week. With my fluctuating school schedule, the online option seemed like a really good one. It also makes me rely on myself for my motivation, which I have found invaluable. This means that I have to dig up the motivation and will not to eat what I know I shouldn't and not rely on someone else to pump me up on a Saturaday morning only to have that motivation fly out of the window as I am driving home, past McDonalds and thinking "well, I don't have to weigh in for another week..."

Even with the mint fiasco, I can only say glowing things about the program and how good I feel!

I feel exactly the same way about it Spurs..... I hated being locked in to that one day a week. After awhile, you can get really bored with those people who treat the meetings like therapy. If you can't find some motivation within yourself, you won't be able to handle those situations like, the Mc Donalds, etc.

I know the Wal-mart near me carries the line of WW candies.... I'll check on the mints to see if they've got them..... perhaps I can do you up a little care package.

On a similar topic.... I was over in the U.S. today shopping in Port Huron MI and bought something called Special K Protein water.... I actually got the packets that you can add to a bottle of water. Has anyone given these a try? I like that they've got protein as well as fibre. I often get hungry at work but can't leave my desk so thought this might be a nice thing to try.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
SpursFan1902 wrote:

I feel exactly the same way about it Spurs..... I hated being locked in to that one day a week. After awhile, you can get really bored with those people who treat the meetings like therapy. If you can't find some motivation within yourself, you won't be able to handle those situations like, the Mc Donalds, etc.

I know the Wal-mart near me carries the line of WW candies.... I'll check on the mints to see if they've got them..... perhaps I can do you up a little care package.

On a similar topic.... I was over in the U.S. today shopping in Port Huron MI and bought something called Special K Protein water.... I actually got the packets that you can add to a bottle of water. Has anyone given these a try? I like that they've got protein as well as fibre. I often get hungry at work but can't leave my desk so thought this might be a nice thing to try.

That would be awesome, eefan! I would be happy to reimburse you for anything you found! I am starting to go thru withdrawls...

I have not tried the water, but I have tried the Special K Protein bars...they are really good and are a quick, easy breakfast on days when I have class.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The godess was smiling on me today. I found a box of WW mints with 17 packs of 2 mints each in the grocery store today. YIPEE! That should last a day or so..

Laughing
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've come to the conclusion that I am trying to find an excuse not to join weight watchers, whether online or in person. It seems like when I went to meetings I had some accountability. I fear I'll spend the money to join online and then just fuck off and not take it seriously. I just got back from buying my groceries for the week and I found myself buying all the stuff i used to buy when I was on the WW program.

I think a major undertaking like this is like quitting smoking. You can only do it when you're READY. I think I"m not ready yet.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point, antonia. You have to be ready for it to be successful. You'll know when you are.... and nobody can tell you when that is. Although, buying all the right foods was a start.... funny, snce reading spurs first post, I found myself doing the same thing. Maybe we should start a support group here????? I don't think I could stand going to meetings but maybe we could have something here. I'll start a thread to see who's interested and maybe I could start posting some weight loss tips.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 5' 5" and with weightwatchers I went from a 163 down to a 129. I found it to be a slow process, but as most people on this program have said, it's a healthy weight loss, and I wasn't hungry all the time. Quitting smoking about 5 years ago had me gain weight I've never had ever in my life. Of course I'm off of it now, and I have gained back some weight, but I'm confident I'll lose it again. I wish everyone luck who may be trying to lose weight. A good tip is also to do some exercise. I had done the treadmill. I'm not so sure it helped in the weight loss, but it made me feel good and healthier. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: