EE: Steve McFadden features
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's is a fine kettle of fish, isn't it?
carmelina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EastEnders star Steve McFadden has apologised for causing disruption to the soap's filming schedule.

The actor, who plays Phil Mitchell on the show, was forced to miss work for a week after getting involved in a fight at the British Legion in Falmouth, Cornwall, on July 29. Producers had to write his character out of some scenes and delay others, as he was too bruised to appear on camera.

"I'm only human, I snapped. I'm sorry for any aggravation I've caused for EastEnders," Steve told the News of the World. "In the old days before the show it was normal to have a fight on a Friday night. There would be a pint, a curry and a punch-up. Now I've got to realise I can't behave like that."

McFadden has denied a newspaper claim that his eye socket was broken in the fight, insisting that he only suffered a black eye.

He said: "I had a puffy black eye like Dennis the Menace. I thought, 'Oh no, I'm going to have to deal with this now'. I couldn't possibly work because the black eye couldn't be covered with make-up. I had to take all week off. EastEnders weren't best pleased."
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing him as an extra in a film about football hooligans, which was called, I think, I.D. In it he certainly looked the part of a thug who liked a curry and a fight... maybe he's just gone all Walter Mitty. haha
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A man who had a drunken fight with EastEnders star Steve McFadden last month has been found dead.

Michael McIntyre, a father-of-four who worked as a painter and decorator, was killed by a suspected drugs and drink overdose. According to The Sun, he was discovered at his home in Falmouth, Cornwall on Tuesday.

McIntyre, who was separated from his wife, leaves behind two sons, aged seven and ten, and daughters of nine and fifteen. Before his death, he had been supporting a brother who was suffering from cancer.

McFadden, better known as hardman Phil Mitchell, was forced to miss work for a week after getting involved in a pub fight with McIntyre on July 29. He later apologised for causing disruption to the soap.

An EastEnders spokesman said: "This is a personal matter for Steve and not something the show would comment on."

Bloody hell!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastenders star home raided by armed police

Eastenders actor Steve McFadden, 51, had his home raided by armed police searching for guns. The Eastenders actor was at home at the time of the raid when armed police burst into the actor home after being tipped off on two occasions that there were weapons in the Eastenders actors home. The armed police searched the actor's £1.5 million home in Highgate, north London, but failed to find any guns and after further enquires realised they had been had.

"The police got two tip-offs that Steve had guns hidden in his home - so an armed team was sent round to check it out," a source told the News of the world. "No one was more shocked than Steve. The police did a quick search but put it down to a malicious call.

Police failed to notice that they were raiding the famous actors home until they were faced with Steve McFadden which then alerted the police that the information they had received maybe part of a hate campaign against the Eastenders actor. Steve McFadden has told bosses at the BBC of the raid but has refused to answer questions from the media with only his agent confirming that the raid did take place and no guns were found.
Twirley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they'll get to the bottom of the tip-offs. Kind of a weird thing for someone to do!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve McFadden swaps acting for swimming to raise money for UK lifeguards
7th June 2010

He might play EastEnders hard man Phil Mitchell but Steve McFadden swapped acting for swimming today, all in the name of charity. McFadden swam from Falmouth to St Mawes in Cornwall on Sunday to take part in the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) charity swim. The RNLI is a charity dedicated to saving lives at sea by providing a 24-hour lifeboat search and rescue service around UK coasts and the 51-year-old EastEnders star swam one mile across the River Fal to raise money for the institution.

The BBC1 soap star began his half hour front crawl between the two castles at Pendennis Point and St Mawes just after midday. He showed off his athletic ability in an Iron Man wetsuit, red swimming cap and goggles on the sunny day. McFadden completed the castle-to-castle swim last year in 46 minutes and the open water swim gave him a taste for adventure, leading him to jump back in the river again this year.

He said before tackling the water: ‘I’d like to improve my time if at all possible, but more importantly I’d like to encourage others to join me and help raise money for the RJLI South West Lifeguard Appeal. I’m only too aware of the value of the charity’s lifeguards and volunteer lifeboat crews and this is my way of showing them my appreciation.’

This year all entrants had to guarantee at least £50 sponsorship for the lifeguard appeal in order to take part in the event.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I didn't think he'd be fit enough!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve McFadden arrested 'after harassing ex girlfriend'
6th November 2010

EastEnders star Steve McFadden has been arrested and bailed over claims that he harassed a woman believed to be the mother of his baby girl. The 51-year-old actor was picked up by police in Haringey, north London, on Wednesday. After being questioned by officers he was released on bail to return to a police station early next year. It is understood that McFadden - who plays EastEnders hard man Phil Mitchell - was arrested following a complaint by former partner Dr Rachel Sidwell. The pair have a daughter, Amelie Tinkerbell, now 17 months old.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: 'On Wednesday November 3 officers from Haringey arrested a 51-year-old man in connection with alleged harassment to cause violence against a female. 'He has since been bailed until a date in January 11.'

--------------------
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should both be arrested for giving the child the middle name of Tinkerbell. I love Tinkerbell but really?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha! Agreed.....
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here! Tinkerbell? Yup.... no one's ever going to tease her.....
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess in her favor, at least it is her middle name...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: