EE: this week

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: EE: this week Reply with quote

It’s the high jump for Stella as Phil finally finds out on their wedding day how she has been torturing Ben.

Stella scarpers and angry Phil sets off in hot pursuit and confronts his crazed bride on a rooftop – before she tumbles onto the bonnet of the wedding car.

But did she fall or was she pushed?

“Phil is shocked and disgusted,” says Steve McFadden, who plays him.

“He can’t believe what poor Ben’s been through. He’s beside himself with guilt and he races after Stella. There’s no way he’s going to let her get away with hurting Ben.”

As the week opens, frightened Ben tries to stay out of Stella’s way by spending time with Abi.

The young friends decide to run off to Scotland – until an emergency visit to the vet’s with Abi’s guinea pigs alerts her family.

Stella finds out the youngsters’ plan and goes ballistic. She smashes a photo of Ben’s mum Kathy and tells Ben he will be sent to a home like his sister Louise.

“Phil has no idea what’s going on,” adds Steve. “Stella has been very clever.”

After Phil almost walks in on them, twisted Stella overpowers poor Ben and promises him, once they are a family, the torture will stop.

But just before the wedding Ben tells Stella he doesn’t want her to marry his dad.

She tells Ben she will kill him if he stops the wedding and claws at him.

Later, just as the wedding is about to take place, Ben stands up and begs for help.

Blood from Stella’s scratchmarks is seeping through his shirt and Phil rushes to his son’s aid.

“Phil is horrified,” says Steve. “At first Stella tries to say Ian has been hurting Ben, but Phil soon realises the truth.”

As Phil tries to look after bleeding Ben, Stella runs out, leaps into the wedding car and speeds off.

“It takes Phil a few minutes before the news sinks in, which is enough time for Stella to do a runner,” explains Steve. “But Phil is not far behind.

“There are so many things rushing through Phil’s mind. ‘How long has this been going on? How did he not notice?’

“As he chases Stella, he vows to make her pay. Phil confronts her on the rooftop of a tall building.

“I don’t want to give anything away – but she doesn’t stay up there for long!”
Don’t miss EastEnders Vixens: The Rise And Fall Of Stella on Friday, BBC3.

ALSO, ambitious Denise is determined to get the manager’s job at the post office, but doesn’t help her chances by slagging off her mean boss Mrs Masood.

Denise is forced to grovel and apologise. However, she doesn’t know that Mrs Masood already has secret plans to replace her with her daughter Shabnam!

“Zainab Masood is very rude,” reveals Nina Wadia, who plays the newcomer.

“It’s nice to be a bit of a bitch as you don’t normally get the chance in real life.”

First, Denise sets off to work in a suit to impress visiting Mrs Masood.

But Denise angrily criticises her boss to customer Yolande and Mrs Masood overhears her outburst.

“Mrs Masood teases Denise as she tries to say sorry,” explains Nina, who starred in BBC comedy series Goodness Gracious Me with Meera Syal.

Mrs Masood accepts the apology and tells Denise she pays her to work, not to like her.

But she says if Denise wants a promotion she will have to apply for it.

Later, Mrs Masood returns to the post office with Shabnam and asks Denise to train her up.

Denise reluctantly agrees, but has no idea Mrs Masood plans to give Shabnam her job.

and from The Mirror:

SHE may have got fiance Phil suited and booted and down the aisle for the fourth time, with his mum Peggy and their few friends smiling happily at the posh wedding venue.

She may also be wearing a meringue of a dress, diamonds and a tiara, and delightedly enter the room hand in hand with a trembling Ben at the ceremony on Thursday.

But for all that, we always knew that Cruella Stella’s dream of a fairytale wedding and a happy ever after were never going to come true. Although even she couldn’t have predicted that she’d end the day flat on her back on the bonnet of Phil’s new Jag – and extremely brown bread.

Chillingly played by Sophie Thompson, the deluded, demented and dangerous Stella joins a terrifying band of nutcases who have recently stalked Soapland, including Mad Maya in Corrie and Psycho Steph in Emmerdale.

And like them, she has to get her ultimate comeuppance for physically and mentally abusing 11-year-old Ben over the last few months in some of Ender’s most uncomfortable scenes.

‘Shut up, you snivelling little coward,’ Cruella snaps at him as she throws a picture of his beloved late mother Kathy on the floor and stomps on it.

Unfortunately, there is far worse to come for the forlorn lad as he and pal Abi Branning unsuccessfully try to run away. Knowing the fate that awaits her friend, Abi gives him ‘a stone of courage’ on the morning of the nuptials, and urges him to tell his father about Stella’s relentless abuse.

But the wicked stepmother-to-be seems to have a far greater hold over him. ‘I will kill you in your sleep if you don’t walk through that door,’ she hisses at him, digging her nails into his chest just before the service. ‘I will suffocate you in your bed. And your daddy will find your little dead body in the morning…’

Young Charlie Jones gives a moving performance as the terrified boy who is somehow brave enough to speak up just as Phil puts that treasured band of gold on Stella’s finger.

‘Can somebody help me?’ Ben pleads as blood seeps through his shirt.

After the psychological drama of the week, Friday turns into an all-action finale as Stella makes her escape and avenging Phil furiously chases ‘the bunny-boiling nut job’.

Trapped high on the edge of a factory roof, Stella has nowhere to run.

‘Yer nuffink,’ Phil growls as he closes in on her. ‘I chose you because you were easy. I chose you because you were safe. I fort you’d look after Ben, iron me shirts, an’ keep yer mouth shut for 30 years.’

Plunging to her death, she will now. But does she fall… or is she pushed?

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looks so graceful even though she is dead.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 'Eastenders Vixens' one-hour special is now available for members...

I'll upload it to guba in the next few days for public viewing.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:

It had to happen sometime. Sadly, I think it's the nicest her hair has ever looked.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember her from 4 Weddings and a Funeral?
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:

Yes, she was good in that, too. There's some talent in the Thompson family, that's for sure!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:

I don't, but it was a good movie, for sure. I'll have to watch it the next time it's on tv. And I'll agree with Twirls.... there's a lot of talent in the Thompson family.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her snap was so well done. She just turned from halfway sane to completely out there...you could see it happening in her face. She did a good job. I hated her character and that was exactly what she wanted...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marriage, death and cheese on sticks
ANDREA MULLANEY
www.scotsman.com

EastEnders, BBC1

THE usual hapless extras have gathered around Albert Square. "What are you lot gawping at?" yelled Peggy Mitchell in EastEnders. Yeah, ain't you never seen a man hauled off to the copshop on his wedding day for the murder of his bride before? Blimey, people are nosey. Seeing as there are mini-sandwiches and cheese on sticks on the go, all the wedding guests hang around the pub to gossip about it. Well, you would.

Kevin Wicks was above all that though: "Phil ain't no killer [ellip] whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty?" "This is Phil Mitchell we're talking about," points out Ian Beale, reasonably. Phil is many things but the closest he gets to innocent is one of those fruit juices he downs to show he's still off the booze.

It was with some horror that I realised the wedding decorations were balloons with Phil's and dead Stella's faces on them. Considering Phil's face looks quite balloon-like anyway, this seemed tactless. But then the Mitchells never do anything understated if they can help it. Most people's reactions to such events would be to shut up shop and hide away, but no: Peggy bustled round with snacks, yelling "Come on everybody, it's meant to be a party!" What a family they are. It's no wonder that Big Mo, echoing the famous cry of the Glasgow Empire, sighed: "Don't tell me there's more of them."

And there are: Roxy and Ronnie, hitherto unmentioned cousins who've been conveniently living in Ibiza until suddenly drawn by a burning need for bad weather, regularly shouting matches and a tiny matriarch to tell them it's faamlee that counts, innit? Played by Samantha Janus and some other woman who looks a bit like her, the attempt to recreate the Mitchell brothers' "glory" days (but with chicks!) is as obvious as their dark roots beneath that carefully tousled blondeness.

On the other hand, the show desperately needs something fresh - having been dragging out storylines such as Stacey's swithering between her boyfriend and his dad for what seems like half a year - so although they came across as Mitchells-by-numbers, perhaps they'll cheer things up a bit.

Anything's better than watching Steve McFadden trying to act, one of the most painful sights in soaps. His big scene, after being easily released by the police who quickly accept Stella's death was suicide (perhaps understandably taking pending marriage to Phil as reasonable cause), was dreadful: huffing and puffing his lines like a bear with a sore head, then shaking a glass of whisky - to signify alcoholic temptation - like he was in an earthquake.

After just a couple of hours of a non-wedding, a non-arrest, annoying half the Square and some mild flirtation with the teenage Deano, Roxy was sold: "I'm starting to like this place!" Wow, Ibiza must be bad.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

It had to happen sometime. Sadly, I think it's the nicest her hair has ever looked.

Laughing So very true! How did they manage that?
11antoniacourt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
It's no wonder that Big Mo, echoing the famous cry of the Glasgow Empire, sighed: "Don't tell me there's more of them."

And there are: Roxy and Ronnie, hitherto unmentioned cousins who've been conveniently living in Ibiza until suddenly drawn by a burning need for bad weather, regularly shouting matches and a tiny matriarch to tell them it's faamlee that counts, innit? Played by Samantha Janus and some other woman who looks a bit like her, the attempt to recreate the Mitchell brothers' "glory" days (but with chicks!) is as obvious as their dark roots beneath that carefully tousled blondeness.
I never thought I'd get to dislike EastEnders. But these characters are going to do it for me.

What's kind of funny is that I could have sworn I heard Stacy (read whore) call them slappers (read other whores). I don't know who the two new actresses are or what their work has consisted of, but one of them has so obviously had work done on her nose that was hard for me to look at her. And the hair extensions on the other one was a little over the top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: