Record Breakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

German comic plays to 70,000
Chortle

Chris Rock’s record for the biggest live comedy audience has been shattered – just weeks after he set it. The stand-up played to 14,500 people at the O2 Arena in London at the end of May. But at the weekend, German comedian Mario Barth filled Berlin’s Olympic Stadium, selling an estimated 70,000 seats.

Although 35-year-old Barth is a huge success, filling a stadium Madonna has yet to sell out for her current tour, critics in Germany have dubbed him an hack. The Deutshce Welle website said he was ‘as subtle as whoopee cushion’ and desribed his act as ‘uninspired but time-honored gags about men who like beer and fast cars, and girlfriends who shop and chat constantly… punctuated by tireless references to flatulence’.

Before the show, Barth said Jerry Seinfeld was perplexed when he heard of the world record attempt. ‘He couldn’t imagine that a single man would perform in front of so many people,’ Barth said. The comedian had been touring Germany with his show since the beginning of 2006, and it has been seen by an estimated 1.6million people.

--------------

I can't think of a world record which has been broken by such a large margin at the next attempt... 500% better is quite the effort for some fart gags!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being a Chris Rock fan, I can't say that I am surprized that the record was beaten, but I am surprized that it was beaten by so much.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything works for me ...but tomorrow we are switching over to Verizon FiOS for the Internet so who knows what will happen then Smile

ps That food just sounded wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to hot Luke ........
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the link that Face posted and the one that you posted, Luke, worked for me. I loved the host's statement "That's incredibly unplesant. Thanks for bringing it in". I am ok with salsas and things, but Indian hot is a much different story! Give me a good Aloo Gobi anytime.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cubans take 'biggest egg' record
Friday, August 1, 2008

A Cuban chicken may have poached the record by laying an egg weighing 180g, or 6.34oz. One-year-old hen Titi should now win a place in the Guinness Book of Records - unless, of course, rival contenders cry fowl. Titi belongs to the Martinez-Guerra family in Campo Florido, 25km or 15.53 miles east of the capital Havana.

Crowing Cuban officials say the egg weighs 10g more than the previous record-holder from - believe it or not - the Canary Islands. Owner Estela Guerra said: "Everyone is amazed at how large it is. This has never happened before. We have never seen one this size and we've had chickens for a very long time."

Grandson Kendry added: "A short time ago they published something about an egg on the eastern side of the island. It weighed 171g so we got curious about our egg which is larger and heavier and could break all egg records. We've been trying to contact the media with the objective that the world should see this curiosity."

--------------

Pity the poor chicken that laid that monster!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempt to break world record for motorcycle jumping. That's not to say there's someone jumping over motorcycles of course...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world's largest Marmite sandwich is a dreadful tower of horror
Friday, August 29, 2008

You'll either love it or hate it... because it's probably the world's tallest Marmite sandwich. Eeeeugh.

The vile sandwich - filled with the repulsive, glutinous yeast extract - was over 12ft tall, and was created by George Lambert of Hackney. Lambert was discovered on Facebook, following a search initiated by Marmite's demonic creators to find their most obsessed Marmite sandwich fan. He has lived on a variety of Marmite sandwiches, and nothing more, for the last 25 years. The poor, wretched freak.

The nightmare contained 500 slices of bread, 20 lettuces, 65 tomatoes, 30 bananas (what?), 25 carrots, 1500g of cheese and, of course, lashings of the appalling godforsaken substance Marmite.

------------------

I get the feeling the author of this article isn't a fan of the stuff!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thing that part of the record isn't to have someone eat it!! Bleck...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how it can be standing so straight? If he did that without a big spike down the middle then it's quite an achievement really...

I'm not that bothered about the taste of the stuff, but one sandwich a year is enough.
luke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on toast, marmite is the food of the gods!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
on toast, marmite is the food of the gods!

the ones without taste buds! Razz
Twirley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh...I have to admit to loving the stuff. I'm on my last SMALL jar, so I'm hoping Mum brings me some over next month when she visits. I love it! I spread it on toast, sandwiches, use it in stews, chilli, and gravy, mmmm, and just to snack on with cheese and crackers. I LOVE it! I even got hubby loving it...!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Uh oh...I have to admit to loving the stuff. I'm on my last SMALL jar, so I'm hoping Mum brings me some over next month when she visits. I love it! I spread it on toast, sandwiches, use it in stews, chilli, and gravy, mmmm, and just to snack on with cheese and crackers. I LOVE it! I even got hubby loving it...!

You can order it online easily so you don't have to wait for it then Laughing We can actually buy it in stores here now, but I have never developed a taste for it. I won't say what I compare it to (the look, not the taste) but I find it revolting. My husband likes it so he gets it all to himself.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see it as a gravy base (I don't eat gravy either, so maybe that is why), but it is kinda like SPAM, you either love it or hate it...and I have to say I am in the latter catagory. I think revolting is the best description! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schoolgirl smashes the world record as she lets 25 snails
slide across her face

29th August 2008

There will be no need for a slow-motion replay to confirm this record-breaking feat. Schoolgirl Tiana Walton has slithered into the record books - for having the most snails on her face at once. Nine-year-old Tiana, who loves animals, bravely allowed 25 of the slimy creatures to cover her eyes, nose and mouth.

She smashed the previous record of 15, held by Australian Liam Kenny, and her unusual feat will appear in the Guinness Book of World Records. Her previous personal best was just nine. The rules state that competitors have just one minute to put the snails on their face before tipping their head forward for 10 seconds. Local vet Ken Robinson witnessed the attempt and ensured no snails were harmed. He said: "It is a superb achievement and all the snails have been treated to a gourmet meal."

Tiana, of Alvanley, Cheshire, said: "I am not squeamish. It is relaxing but it feels a bit cold. They are quite smelly and you can see their big long eyes facing you. I think my friends at school will say 'urgh'." Tiana said her next ambition is to become an Olympic gymnast. Setting records runs in the family as Tiana’s mother, Tommy, herself appeared in the Guinness Book Of World Records in 1980 for growing the largest lemon in the world weighing 3Ib 14oz..

----------------------

I wonder how she developed this talent?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: