Record Breakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just wrong on so many levels...
Griffo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's make a few Fish Finger sandwhiches eh.

The one about the new building though, that looks amazing Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Monster Motorbike that can crush its way through the rush hour
20th February 2008

The Monster Motorbike is three metres high, nine metres long and at 14 tonnes, it weighs more than a double decker bus. Ray Baumann took three years to build this beast of a machine that can simply roll over most other vehicles. Its two giant wheels and tyres are taken from an 80-tonne Caterpillar digger and are driven by two huge chains powered by a six-speed diesel lorry engine. At 10 times the weight of a family car it is the world's biggest motorcycle and is more than a match for any road hog.

Retired stuntman Mr Baumann takes the Monster Motorbike to shows and demonstrates its astonishing power by crushing cars and caravans. The former lorry driver, whose stunt career involved jumping cars, said: "I did stunt driving for quite a few years, broke a few records and broke my back a few times. So this is a way of taking a bit more care. Now I crush things, which is definitely less risky than jumping them."

It was designed and built in Perth, Australia, and uses a Detroit Diesel engine and six-speed Allison automatic gearbox from a lorry. It also has a two-speed Eaton differential from a articulated lorry to drive a massive chain on each side of the rear wheel.

Mr Baumann said he and his team are looking forward to taking to the road with the giant bike. He said: "This is just its first season out after spending three years working on it. We are getting it running right and then we will take it on the road. When we designed it, we kept the weight down low, so it isn't easy to roll over. However, it could roll if we ran over a car the wrong way, so we still have to be very careful. It's well and truly dangerous, just not as dangerous as the car jumps."

The bike is to go on show at the Australian Motor Show in Melbourne later this month.

--------------------

I'll need to ask Santa if he'll bring me one for Christmas...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours for £72,000, the world's most expensive toy car
22nd February 2008

The world's most expensive toy car has been unveiled - but it will set you back a staggering £72,000. The miniature motor is cast in 18-carat white gold and decked out in more than 2,700 blue diamonds. Underneath the fully working bonnet, the tiny engine is covered in black and white diamonds.

Created by manufacturer Hot Wheels to mark the company's 40th anniversary, the car's tail lights are red rubies while the tyres are set with yet more diamonds. A spokesman from Mattel, who owns Hot Wheels, said: "This car is the most expensive toy car we have ever made."

The valuable vehicle was unveiled by former Newlyweds star and singer Nick Lachey at the 105th American International Toy Fair.

------------------

Do you think that anyone involved stopped to realise that no matter how impressive the price might be that it actually looks crap?!
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like American cars, but it does look a bit silly with all the jewels on it. A bit like that Damien Hurst skull. Pointless.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's a great wee car on its own without all that tat. It reminds me of one of those wacky cars that you see that have cameras or beer cans nailed all over. I quite liked the Hirst skull though and now I'll have to think about why... haha
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man breaks hairy ears record

click here to watch video

Confused Laughing
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewwwwwwwww that is sooooooooooooooooooo gross

Aja Throws up ........
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
ewwwwwwwww that is sooooooooooooooooooo gross

Aja Throws up ........

eefan is right behind Aja on this one!

(think about the poor bugger who has to evaluate all the people to see if they've actually "beaten" the record!)
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just nasty.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, 9, scoops world record by balancing 16 spoons on his face
3rd April 2008

As he placed the 16th spoon delicately on the end of his nose, Joe Allison felt a huge rush of achievement. For at the age of nine, he had broken a world record. The schoolboy beat the previous record for balancing spoons on the face, by just one.

After his success yesterday, he said there wasn't really a secret to the art, adding: "The spoons just stick on and I don't really know how. It's something I can do easily and I know I'll make 17 one day but I'll probably have to wait until I grow a bit so there's some more space on my forehead."

Joe discovered his talent two years ago when his cousin challenged him to balance a spoon on his nose. His mother Fenella, 42, a swimming teacher, said: "I'm really, really proud of him because he can do something that no one else in the world can do. Apparently it's always youngsters who beat the record because they have slightly greasier skin. It works even better if Joe's sweaty but I don't let him get away without washing."

Joe, who lives with his mother and father Peter in Totnes, Devon, is to appear on the TV show Britain's Got Talent - where he will hang the spoons from his face and do a jig. The previous world record belongs to Tim Johnston, 16, who balanced 15 stainless steel spoons on his face for 30 seconds at Havens High School, Piedmont, California, on May 28, 2004.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Tim balanced "one on each ear, two on each cheek, three on his chin, two on his lips, one on his nose and three on his forehead". A Guinness spokesman said photographs and video of Joe's record attempt would be examined before the record is made official.

--------------------

thumbs Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressed for success
April 3, 2008

A group of 72 Australian scuba divers has flattened the world record for ironing under water, taking the plunge off a pier near the southern city of Melbourne with ironing boards and irons, and their linen. So-called 'extreme ironing' has spawned a cult following in recent years. The Web site extremeironing.com espouses it as being the 'latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well pressed shirt'.

The Australian group, who pipped the previous mark of 70, are seeking entry to the Guinness book of world records after taking their linen into murky, 3-metre-deep ocean on Saturday. 'It was cold and I think they were bloody crazy,' local councillor Tom O'Connor, who with police helped authenticate the new record, told Reuters on Tuesday.

Event organiser Debbie Azzopardi said the group eclipsed a 2005 record set in a swimming pool at nearby Geelong, which in turn beat a world mark set in New Zealand. The irons all had their electrical cords removed for the attempt, which took place in chilly pre-winter seas.

'I was having a chardonnay a few years ago with a girlfriend and I thought I'm going to beat that. We had a few fish going by and a sting ray. It was great,' Azzopardi said.

----------------

I reckon he'd had more than one glass of the vino...

pissedup
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironing under water? Who thinks these things up????? LOL!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Ironing under water? Who thinks these things up????? LOL!!

Only slightly less popular than the latest fad taking Australia by storm: folding socks under water.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: