'Goodness Gracious Me' actress joins 'EastEnders'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: 'Goodness Gracious Me' actress joins 'EastEnders' Reply with quote

A new two-member Muslim family, headed by Goodness Gracious Me actress Nina Wadia, will make their debut in EastEnders this summer.

The 38-year-old comedienne will play Zainab Masood, a strong-willed woman in her early 40s who owns a string of post offices including the Walford branch.

An EastEnders source revealed: "Her direct manner can be hugely intimidating and sparks will fly with Denise [Wicks]. Underneath her fierce manner, however, Zainab is great fun and has a wicked sense of humour."

Of her new role, Nina said: "I'm thrilled to join the show and I can't wait for Zainab to come to the Square and cause some trouble."

Arriving at the same time is newcomer Zahra Ahmadi, who will play Zainab's daughter, Shabnam.

The show source added: "Shabnam's definitely going to turn heads. She's 21, fresh from university and has no idea what she wants to do with her life. To keep her going, her mum gives her a job at the Post Office."

Speaking of her signing, Zahra said: "I've watched EastEnders as long as I can remember and I'm really excited to be joining the cast. It was very surreal walking into the Square and seeing all the face I'd grown up watching. I felt like I knew them."

Executive Producer Diederick Santer commented: "I'm enormously excited to welcome Nina Wadia to EastEnders. She's a brilliant comedy actress and I'm sure her character Zainab will showcase all her comic and dramatic talents.

He added: "Newcomer Zahra is a real find. She's warm and great fun. I'm confident that Masood will be a big hit with viewers."

Both actresses begin filming in the next couple of weeks and will be on screen from mid-summer.

admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a good actor for sure - she'll do well if they give her the right scripts.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this. Thanks for the heads up Carmelina.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to some new characters in the Square as well....... I might be wrong, but aren't Pretti's family supposed to show up sometime soon? (I'm also very far behind in watching, but I don't think that this has happened yet.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: